Monday, November 16, 2020

REVIEW: Cave Club Rockelle (basic)


Mattel surprised us yesterday by putting up a bunch of new listings and some were even in stock! 

I scooped up the new Cave Club basic dolls. Rockelle is here today, Bashley comes tomorrow. These cost $15.99, which is a little more than the regular basics, but they come with a hair extension barrette that the regular ones don't. Seriously not okaying that costing $3 more, but if it's the only way to get new releases, I'll pay it. 




The style of box has completely changed. Rockelle came in that small individual shipper inside a padded envelope. The outer box is in the above picture. It's completely enclosed, making it impossible to see the doll until you open her. I'm not positive, but this seems like something never meant to go on store shelves. These might be online exclusives. 

Inside, the doll is on a thin cardboard liner. 




Rockelle's accessories are the aforementioned hair extension, a comb, a diary and a Teddy-Rex plush toy. 

That Teddy-Rex alone is worth the $15.99. SO CUTE.






The diary opens up. 







Rockelle is very cute. She's wearing a one-piece romper.

Her hair is similar colors to the first version, but the style makes her look much younger.








Here are both versions. They really do look like siblings more than different versions of the same doll. 

I'm not brushing out the new one's pigtails. I like how curled they are and I know they wouldn't look as cute brushed. 




Comparing faces! Both adorable. 

Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with Bashley. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

7 comments:

  1. Adorable. I was thinking of making them twins, maybe. I am living for the romper. I might make a couple for the other dolls. Looking forward to Bashley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though it's extremely basic, I'm glad the shipper box doesn't look like a complete blah inside. Even the outer box is pretty cute.

    The new Rockelle is basically perfect as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair extensions came in this strange box without clear plastic.
    I do not understand how the promotional photos of wave 1 showed this hair extension and then they did not put it. As I say, I have seen photos of the first wave in this type of cardboard boxes and if they include them. It is as if they were prototypes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are apparently 2 different versions of the first dolls. Amazon has them for $15.99 including the hair extension. I didn't notice before because I got my dolls elsewhere, but these hair extension versions all come in this closed in box like Bashley and Rockelle. They're likely exclusives to Amazon.

      Delete
  4. And this is not the final Comb. The wave 2 have differents, they are not bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure this is the comb they'll all come with. I didn't somehow get a prototype doll. The prototype is actually what's shown on Amazon. Frequently, stock photos are different from what's actually produced.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, but what they actually produced is the basic box with the plastic front. This blind cardboard box is an strange version. A boy get the first wave in that style and came with the hair extensions, but for the rest of the people we get what we know on shops. (If I found the pictures I´ll show you)

    ReplyDelete