Monday, November 16, 2020

NEWS: Mattel Barbie Extra line


I wasn't wowed with any of the three previously shown Mattel Extra dolls. The afro puff doll is cute, but I hate the outfit with a passion. The blonde is okay, but nothing special. The curvy pastel Asian girl is really pretty, but her outfit is UGH. Although her makeup is making me consider her now that I'm getting others from the line. 

Which others? 

The two new ones they surprised us with today. 

This gorgeous curvy blue-haired darling is #4. I love her hair, her eyes and her freckles. The outfit is actually cute, though some of those accessories have to go. 



And this stunner is #5. I'll be redressing her completely, although I don't totally hate what she's wearing. I just don't think it's worthy of a doll that beautiful. 

Someone in the Rainbow High Facebook group I'm in asked if we thought Mattel was doing okay in the face of other doll lines and their superiority. 

Yes. I think they're fine. While not every offering is for everyone, you can count on Mattel for diversity. Because as nice quality as Rainbow High is...and don't get me wrong, I do love them...they all have the same body and the same face and they practically had to be forced into giving a character a darker skintone. It's important to remember that there is no such thing as the perfect toy company who always gets it right.

Oh, and by the way, these two are currently sold out on Amazon. So yeah, Mattel's probably doing okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment