Wednesday, November 18, 2020

IN BOX REVIEW: Monster High Skullector Grady Twins


I was one of the lucky few who got at least one of the MH Skullector sets off Mattel Creations when they first came out. 


So this here is the print that only the Mattel Creations releases come with. It's pretty big. No idea what I'm going to do with it. 


I'm not deboxing these dolls. They were too expensive to open, but they're also presented really awesomely, so I'm not ruining that.




Here's the outside of the box. The two panels swing open like doors. 




Back of the box. 




Closer shot of the writing, so it's actually legible. 



Here's the box with the front panels swung open. Naturally, they don't stay open very well, hence the LOL box holding one side. 

The hotel presentation is really cool. I hope I can figure out a good way to prop the doors open when I have the box displayed properly on top of one of my bookshelves. 




The more evil twin on the left is so badass! I love her. The one on the right sadly is wonky, but these are so impossible to get hold of and so expensive that I can't see myself being able to replace the set. It's not too horrible anyway. 

Love the hatchet hairclips.



And here are some of the smaller details. Now I want to reread the book. I haven't in decades.


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. I REALLY hope these become more accessible because I need them. It's because of you that I started collecting MH, and it rekindled my doll/toy collecting as an adult and it brings me tons of joy. I even have local toy collectors friends because of it.
    I am glad you were able to get these from Mattel Creations, though. That is a nice print. Honestly...they should have sent you both for free. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm always glad to hear I helped people start collecting or recollecting.

      I appreciate you saying they should have sent me them, but they didn't even send any to the original mind behind MH, so they definitely wouldn't pay attention to a fan!

      Delete