Saturday, October 3, 2020

REVIEW: Hatchimals Pixies Riders


I never did official deboxing reviews for any of this line except Lilac Luna. I wanted to do a whole post showing them all off at once, but then some of them turned out to be annoyingly hard to find! 

So this is Moonlight Mia and Unicornix. 


 

I'm not going to talk a lot in this post. I mainly want to show these lovely darlings off from multiple angles.

These two are one of my favorite sets. 



Each pixie has an itty bitty choker necklace and a headpiece of some sort, and each pet has a headpiece also, as well as something to go around the neck. 



Pets are poseable at the wings and neck, while pixies are neck and legs. 

Each one has a "mystery feature," which isn't really a mystery. It tells what they are on the checklist, but I don't have mine right on hand. I think there's a copy out in the car that I kept on hand to identify each character when I was in stores. 

I do remember that the feature for these two is that they glow in the dark, but they also have glitter hair and translucent glttery wings. 


This pair is Crystal Charlotte and Draggle. There is a gold variant of this set, but I skipped it. I prefer the warm glowing pink of this Draggle. 

I think the feature for these two was glitter and their hair is indeed super encrusted with glitter. 







But I'd consider Draggle to also be quite pearly and almost translucent, too. 



These two have the most obvious "mystery" feature. They're flocked.

This is Radiant Roxy and her friend Tigrette.






From the front. 



These two weren't a favorite, but I actually really love them. Tigrette is gorgeous and the color combo is nice. 




Tail shot. 


This set is the opposite of Charlotte and Draggle. With them, I preferred the regular version, but with Lily, I preferred the variant. 

These two are Black Glitter Lily and Seastallion. The regular version is called Lagoon Lily. 





The feature for the regular version is color change, but this one I think is just the glitter. 



I struggle the most with this set though. 

Lily's headband does not want to stay on and she doesn't like to stay on Seastallion.

 



As you can see. 

Gorgeous colors on Seastallion.



This was the first set I opened and it was the one I fully reviewed. 

This is Lilac Luna with Swanling. 


 

This pair was my favorite from the outset, though now they share that spot with one other set.



I love this color scheme so much. 




Fabula Fiona. The other girls all got normal words, but they had to make up an adjective for Fiona. While Pandor has a hilarious name, because I just have to growl it like it's an 80s cartoon villain. 




These two are pretty hilarious in general because Pandor is quite the tub. As pandas are.




I think their thing was being pearly. Fiona's hair is pearly and the pixie's hair is usually a pretty good indicator. 



They're clearly the outdoorsy ones. 


This set was the hardest to find! I had to massively overpay for it on ebay. So annoying. 

This is Petal Primrose and her familiarly-named pet, Deeraloo. 



I like these two a lot. She reminds me of Flora from Winx Club. 


I cannot remember their feature at all. 



There's something about pale creamy pink and shades of green that always works for me. 



If you're into these at all and you're in a store and see the set with the mint green heart, that's this one. Grab it if you can afford it. I don't think any of the others are as hard to find as she is. 


This is my other fave, tied with Lilac Luna. These two are Magical Madison and Butterpuff. 

Butterpuff is hands down the best pet/mount/whatever. SIX LEGS. I wrote this set off as "cute but eh" early on, because I didn't notice right away that she has SIX LEGS.



I'm pretty sure their thing was translucency. 



Yeah, she also has two tails. 



The hair is so pretty. 



And last shot! 

I hope these did well enough to get us a Series 2. I really like the creativity on them, though I'd like more skintone variety next time. 

Which set do you like best?



PHOTO CREDITS: Mine. 

3 comments:

  1. Lilac Luna and swanling are my favorites too. I also got the deer, panda, and tiger.
    I’m so glad these were not blind boxes so I didn’t have to overpay some seller on eBay again. Some of these blind boxes (like lol remix) are getting too expensive to be blind.
    Hope they continue this series...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabula Fiona is named after the "Fabula Forest" area of Hatchtopia, just like Lilac Luna is named after "Lilac Lake". It's part of the massively disorganized Hatchimals lore that's out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh! That makes sense. I didn't even question Lilac Luna not being lilac. I just plain went with it.

      Things I don't know because I know very little about Hatchimals.

      Delete