Thursday, September 8, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High/Shadow High Rainbow Vision Costume Ball Demi Batista



Yesssssssssss! Walmart came through. I also saw Minnie and Tiara and I will totally go back for them soon. I was pleased to see the $39.88 tags under them and they had 6 of each. But today was Costume Ball day. 

I had 3 of Demi to pick from and all three had the same major flaw. I ended up picking the one with the best bangs and the best under eye fang things. 


 


Stand and comb are a lovely color. 





Her bangs are lightly-gelled so she's not getting salon time. It didn't help Eliza's choppy bangs, so I'm just accepting that these are as good as it gets. 


All of them had the white makeup above her eye uneven. Her right eye has more than her left. The black under all 3 dolls' eyes was also smudgy. This one was the best and obscured the black fangs underneath the least. (I'm sorry to say because it's certainly not perfect.) The purple lip color over the pink was also off-center on all three. 

Pretty much, Demi has so much going on that it's going to be near impossible to find one with good eyemakeup in every spot plus good lipstick plus good bangs. 



The busyness works in her favor though because she does have so much on her face that I'm not focusing on any single flaw. It all still works together well and she looks really cool.



Without the boots and cape. 




Her outfit is the purple dress worn over a cropped fancy white blouse. The black belt is separate, as is the ruffly collar. The cape is more like a really long vest, but I prefer calling it a cape. 

Jewelry is the earrings and then she has the hairbows, which I didn't take off. 

I'm so glad they're doing these fabric boots now. They're some of my favorite RH/SH footwear. 



I love her rings. A lot of onyx and then that big bat. 

She does have some texture on her nails but I can't tell what it's supposed to be. 




Pigtails from the back. Sleek and silky, not a bit of gel. 






Practicing her posing. 





Learning from teacher. 

They may call her a bat, but there's no bat going on here. Demi is clearly a vampire.




LOVE her. Eliza is still my fave but she's really close second. 



Final thoughts: She's well-worth the $37.44, though there are definite flaws in the makeup and hair. It's not going to be easy to find a perfect one if you're a perfectionist. The outfit is excellent and detailed, using a lot of different materials. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment