Friday, September 16, 2022

REVIEW: American Girl Truly Me #109, #110 and #120



American Girl recently dropped not one, not ten, but a whopping 25 new Truly Me dolls! And they brought back the Marie-Grace mold for the first time ever. I am a huge fan of the M-G mold, but sadly, I don't care for any of the new dolls with it. 

Still, they managed to make me want three of the new ones so much that I ordered them within the first hour they were available. 

I didn't take any in box photos, but here are my three new girls. 

This is #109 with the Josefina mold. 



The girls come with different outfits now. This is the "sweet" version. I don't hate it, though I would have preferred it without the leopard print. I think the floral pattern is pretty though. And the shoes are cute. 







I love that she has gray eyes with such dark skin. Excellent and unique combo. 





She has beautiful brown hair with caramel and pink highlights. 

The bangs you can move around and style a bit. I like them mostly swept to the one side. 







So this is Damaris. I got her the old medieval princess costume, because my girl wants to write epic fantasy novels but with more female main characters and more diversity. I may get her a modern outfit eventually, but for now, I like this. She dresses up when she writes. 







Added a little choker after taking that first pic. 

I just need shoes for this dress. I bought some yesterday. 






Here is #110. I never thought I'd see the Jess mold with pale skin, blue eyes, blonde hair, and freckles. I LOVE it. 




The part on the wig is a little weird, but that's my only nitpick about her. 

This is the sporty outfit. Love the shoes. The outfit is okay, but I think it would make a better nightshirt than dress. 






She's got the type of AG hair I won't brush. Finger-combing only!


I love the streaks so. 






Redressed, she's even better. I got her Saige's pajama top, which makes a great shirt, and some jeans from an older AG outfit. I forgot what it was called. She's still wearing her own shoes. 

I want to get her a watch and maybe a purse. 

I've named her Jennet. 





And finally, this is #120 with the Nanea mold. 


This is the "strong" outfit. I like this the least of all three that I got. The shoes may be useful down the line though. 






She's a Nanea mold so of course, she's lovely. 






This was absolutely her selling point. This wig. So epic. You want a rainbow wig? This is it. They even included both yellow and orange. Definitely my favorite AG hair ever. 

Like Maritza's hair, I think it could have been a little shorter, but that's just a minor nitpick. 






Alamea is my spooky photographer, so she's a little bit artsy, a little bit gothy. 






She ended up getting a few more pics than the others because my battery was dying earlier.


 



All these pieces are from etsy except the necklace. My Charlie Bears stockist sends free necklaces with bears, so I have a great stash of them. This phoenix is perfect for Alamea. 

Alamea is a relative of Nanea's. I haven't decided the exact relationship yet, but I'm thinking on it. 


All three girls from my earlier photos before I added the necklaces. 

I love how Jennet looks here. The sass.

I'm very happy with these and it's great to have more modern girls for Roslin's crew. 

Definitely also happy AG is making more dolls with colored hair streaks. Some stick in the mud AG fans don't like it, but they've had 36 years of natural hair colors in the majority, so they can shut it. 

I'm so cut off from buying until after vacation! This was my final splurge. But worth it!

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment