Wednesday, September 7, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High/Shadow High Rainbow Vision Costume Ball Eliza McFee



Woohoo! I sneak peeked this girl on Instagram last night and now her review is finally ready. 

I checked both my local Walmarts for RH/SH/MH last night and came up with a lone Eliza. No other Costume Ball, no Royal 3, and only one of Eliza. She had a lip rub but I didn't care. She had to come home. 

She rang up as $37.44, which is the current sale price on the website. I had them all preordered for cheaper but I'm not positive Walmart will fill my orders, as they're spotty about that, so I'm definitely picking up my faves earlier if I find them.




Back of the box. 

I'm thrilled I can use the box for storage. I love the art on these so I'll be keeping them all for storing my RH stuff. 




Eliza has a stand and comb. Her card is an invite with a scannable code on it. 


Her wings are packaged very wisely. The blue plastic straps are velcroed to the wings so those are around her shoulders as normal, but the wings themselves are encased in a plastic sleeve that protects them. Smart!

Her wings can photograph blue but also as very iridescent, which is what they are. 

This is them opened. 

I don't hate them, but considering they bragged that Eliza is so good at SFX that her wings look real, I think they could have come up with a better attachment than blue plastic straps. They could have put them as part of a necklace or something. 



The dress is sewn onto a cage-like hoop skirt. (Does that have an official fashiony name?) It's plastic but it's easy to get on and off. 

The flowers don't seem fragile. Nothing fell off. 




So this is her after salon and before painting time. 

She had a good quantity of gel in her hair. 



I tried to get some photos of her makeup. 

The doll herself is an extremely pale blue. Like she's more of a slightly blue-tinted white really. And then she's pearly all over. 



She has patches of yellow, blue and pink on her cheeks. 

I think you can see the tiny lip rub in this pic. It's in the center of her top lip. 



She has multiple rings and very long, light pink nails with a purple design on them. I can't make out the design on the main nails, but I think there's a crescent moon on her thumbs. 




Here she is today, hair fully dried and her top lip repainted. It's a little darker than it was., but I think it came out nicely. 




Dress, shoes and earrings back on. 






Gah, she is so gorgeous. 




My favorite detail hands down is her pointy ear earrings. They're perfect. 





She does fit on the stand with her wings on, but it is a little awkward. 

As much as I love this stand color, I put it away and made it so she's "flying" beside Heather on my Shadow High shelf. 



I'm so glad I found her! So, so beautiful. I think she's worth the price, even without the second outfit we're used to. Sadly, I think we have to face facts and just accept that prices are going to be higher than ever, though I'm still definitely comparing dolls within lines. Personally, I think these Costume Ball dolls are far nicer than Roxie Grand, who I do consider way overpriced.  



I'm planning on hunting for Demi tomorrow! I checked Brickseek and there are some of her, Robin and Bella in my area, though none of Lola. No guarantees they're out on the shelves, but at least they're in the stores themselves. 


I don't think any of them will compare to Eliza though. She's just far and away my fave.


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking possibly cage crinoline is the fashion term, but I'm just hedging a guess. You can see pictures of what I'm theorizing here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crinoline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems right. Just crinoline didn't feel specific enough.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh she is STUNNING in-hand! Definitely my favourite, and I didn't realise she had nail art too?! Agh all the Costume Ball girls are so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete