Saturday, June 23, 2018

REVIEW: DC Superhero Girls Cheetah Action Figure

The Cheetah figure shown as one of the previews from last year's Comic Con finally shows up for US buyers! Almost a year later...

Like the Cheetah signature doll, the figure's been available in the UK for a while, but I wasn't about to pay thirty bucks to import a ten dollar toy.

Finally, my patience was rewarded and she showed as in stock from Amazon for $9.99.

Sadly, the figure does not continue the tradition of the newer ones being some of the better ones.

Katana, Starfire and Hawkgirl, the last three single-packed new character releases, have excellent figures, but Cheetah's is lacking.




A large part of the problem is that her skintone is uneven. I'm not sure there's a single part on her that's the same color as another. The head's large difference from the color of her neck is really evident and unattractive.

Something also seems off in the figure's proportions.




I wanted to like her, but they just didn't do a very good job. I do like the tail and ankle articulation though. That's good at least. And her hair. Her hair's nicely done, even though it's too short, but then so was the doll's.

Time will tell if Cheetah becomes the last DCSG review I ever do. I pre-ordered Beast Boy, but he's been delayed and who knows if he'll come out, and I don't know what the future of the line holds what with having the ugliest reboot designs I have ever seen in my life.

Oh, wait, I do plan on getting basic Frost. So maybe she'll be my last!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment