Tuesday, November 14, 2017

REVIEW: Monster High Ballerina Cleo de Nile

I need to go to bed soon for work in the AM, but I wanted to zip through these. So these are going to be short reviews!

I was shocked that all six Mattel dolls I ordered from Amazon actually had good face paint.

Like really shocked.

And then I actually got a Fingerling sloth, too, so I've apparently had a run of good luck today.

So we remember Cleo from the SDCC reveals. A lot of people were not impressed with this line.


I'm honestly not either. I think Draculaura looks like a zillion other Draculauras and Moanica just look gross.

But Cleo has a stunning head and her accessories could easily accentuate a better outfit. I'm planning on buying her a simple white sheath dress and getting rid of the ballet outfit.

Then she'll look pretty Egyptian.


She's kind of got the Sofia Boutella Ahmanet thing going on with her makeup almost, too.

Her face is utterly gorgeous. I love it. The headdress, arm pieces and ribbon are cute, too. The chest piece got mangled in her box though, so it's a bit of a struggle.

Her hair is deceptive. It is not a big updo. It is a short ponytail with the ends curled forward to mimic an updo. I need to clip those loose bits, but like I said, time is minimal tonight.


Her shoes are horrible anklebreakers, but they can be hidden under that sheath dress I want. They're not as bad as the others in the line, in my opinion.

Cleo's a pretty doll face-wise and unusual hair-wise. She comes with some great accessories, but there are far better Cleos out there if you're not looking to redress.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment