Monday, November 13, 2017

REVIEW: Ever After High Back to School Meeshell

I honestly thought I had bought my last EAH doll a long time ago, but the two Back to School lines and the super basic "Thronecoming" one made it to Amazon. They came out at the Mattel Shop a bit ago (laaaaaaame), but they finally wised up and made them available to everyone.

Meeshell was not one I was going to buy if these hit stores. I wasn't a fan of her original doll, because it didn't look like her character design at all and didn't even live up to the standard of detailing shown by the other two dolls that came out in the same set (Jillian and Nina).


But considering we almost didn't get these, I ended up buying Meeshell along with the two I'd planned on getting from the start (Holly and Blondie).

The art on the back of the box is nice, although it also makes the odd details of this line stand out.

Look at Maddie's rose theme. Why does she have roses? Her tiara, shoes and skirt all look like she borrowed the design from Briar then recolored them.

Holly looks more like herself, except her shoes look straight outta Raven's closet or perhaps Faybelle's.

And Meeshell... Well, her top has a pocket watch, which is Bunny.

While her shoes have locks and keys, which is Blondie. There's a little puff tail at the back, which also reminds me of Bunny. Her skirt is really the only distinctly mermaid-themed thing about her.

Like I said, this is a weird line that I can't figure out.

The doll herself has a new headmold and the larger eyes make her look a lot younger. She also lost quite a bit of her tan!











Here you can see the shoes. I really wonder if Blondie was supposed to wear these.


And a comparison with her sig doll.

While I do think the new one is quite cute, she's made me actually appreciate the sig one more. She'd grown on me a little since my initial review of her, but seeing her redone, I miss her more unusually-shaped head.

I'm not a fan of the hair on either doll sadly. The sig's is lank, so they fixed that, but the BtS doll's hair is kind  a curly mess that doesn't know where it wants to go.

I'll still never understand why she didn't get her coral hair. Like it's hard?


Meeshell comes with a random brush, a student ID, a cute laptop, and a stack of books left over from that book line I never got and kind of regret not getting. I do love the stack of books and I gave them to sig Meeshell, who is now sitting with Jillian and Nina. Thanks, BtS Meeshell, for making me appreciate the sig at last.

BtS Meeshell isn't a horrible doll, but she is without a doubt quite confusing and the compete change in headmold is odd. She didn't need the generic round face and honestly, she doesn't even really look like Meeshell at all. She looks more like Apple dressed up as Meeshell.

More reviews later this week! The rest of my new stuff comes in tomorrow, but I have work and my dad is in town, so I have no idea when I'll be able to tackle them.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment