Thursday, February 17, 2022

REVIEW: Zombaes Forever

 
Well, it was the perfect day for these to arrive. First, we have the Monster High news and now we've got some brand new spooky girls to look at! It's also a gray, rainy day here so that fits, too. 

These little cuties are Spin Master's new Zombaes Forever line. These are two of the blind box singles. They also come in various multipacks. 

These cost $9.99 each and now that I've opened them, that is extremely fair and I'm surprised they're not more.



The best news?

THERE ARE CODES! No doubles for me. Woo.




After you unwrap the cardboard and take the purple thin plastic lid off, the checklist lies on top. 


The girls are pretty varied. Mourning Workout is an 80s aerobic zombie. Love Struck is Valentine-themed. She's Shady is a goth, complete with V-bangs. Guess which one I want most! Heh. Rock in Peace is my second fave. Love her tongue sticking out. Glitter Bomb is the rare. Miss Everlasting is a beauty queen and Strike Out a baseball player. Shop Til You Drop is my least favorite. She's pretty basic compared to the others. 



On the back are Cold Hearted, an icy zombie, and Ready to Drop, our sleepover girl. 

I'm not going completist on these, but I want most of them. I don't care about Shop Til You Drop or Love Struck. I don't think I'd seek out Miss Everlasting. But because we know very few codes, I may end up with them. (Except Love Struck. We have her code!)



Underneath the checklist is a sticker sheet that immediately reveals which doll you have. 

Strike Out! 



The rest of the box contains a flat package, a tissue-wrapped bundle, and the biggest pouch. That one's got the doll.



SO CUTE! 

Sports themes are not my favorite, but I adore the colors on this girl and love her hair. 




Back of her hair. 


And they're far bigger than I imagined. I originally only had her with the Cloudees yeti, but then thought I should add something more people might have lying around so you can get an idea of the scale. 

So yeah, they're big. 



The lower legs can be removed and even have a little bone nub sticking out. 


The wigs come off, revealing a little pink brain. 

At first I thought this was a bit much, but it's grown on me. It's a funny concept. 

So you can mix and match these girls' legs and hair. 



The flat package contains a cool character card. 

Be careful opening it. There's a perforated bit at the top but the top of the card actually comes up past that perforated line. DO NOT CUT IT OPEN! Tear gently. 




The back has each character's likes and dislikes. 



The tissue-wrapped bundle contains a stand and accessories. You have to put the stand together yourself and it requires a bit of pushing. Make sure you get the post all the way down or the doll's feet won't touch the base. 




Like this. I didn't have her post all the way down so her feet are hovering. 



There we go. 

The bat accessory is too flexible for my liking. It very quickly stops looking like a bat the second it curves. 



It is athletic day here in my apartment. 

This is Mourning Workout!


Woo! Workin' out in the 80s. 

I love the colors of this girl's hair, but it is heavier than Strike Out's, so it does move around on her head more. 



With her likes and dislikes. 





The stand stabilizes the hair, which is awesome. 

This is how I'm displaying mine. No accessories for Strike Out, just a lot of sass. 

They each have different eyes. Mourning's have a weight while Strike's have a baseball. The very pixellated eyes are the only thing on these girls that could be improved. The detailing on them is really great otherwise. Molded stitches along the leg seams and on their arms and faces. Very nice. 

These two have the same lower body mold. Not a big deal. They're really different otherwise. 

So I'm a fan. I was disappointed when they changed these because some of the art designs on the original listing looked fantastic, but these girls are adorable regardless. I've immediately caved and ordered 10 more, as the best way to avoid doubles is just order a bunch at once and return any you don't need. Thank you for existing, codes. 

Speaking of codes, here we go. These are located on the bottom of the package underneath the barcode. It is not the number above the barcode. For the moment, we only have this one batch number (6063727), so I'm just going to record the two final digits that seem to be the individual codes (after the 201361). If we get more batches with different numbers, I'll edit this post to reflect that. If you have any codes to contribute, please do!


MOURNING WORKOUT: 82, 21

LOVE STRUCK: 81, 20

SHE'S SHADY: 77, 16

ROCK IN PEACE: 79, 18

GLITTER BOMB: 76, 19 (76 could be either Glitter Bomb or Miss Everlasting. No way to tell.)

MISS EVERLASTING: 76, 15 

STRIKE OUT: 74, 13

SHOP TIL YOU DROP: 73, 12

COLD HEARTED: 78, 17

READY TO DROP: 75, 14

27 comments:

  1. The more I look at them, the more I want at least one of them. The trick would be trying to sneak these in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the codes! Mourning Workout is my absolute fave ~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting the codes! I just opened my first one on instagram. (MDTOYZ)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankful for the number I bout my daughter a of them so should have the entire set

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, so I got the code for Glitter Bomb; it's 82. Hopes this helps someone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I opened 82 and got Mourning Workout. I wonder if she's randomly packed.

      Delete
  6. Hi! I'm a little late to the party, but as I work in a big box store that just started stocking these... I'm happy to report that the numbers listed, as of October 2022, are still correct. Glitter Bomb is supposedly #80, but she's the only one I haven't seen yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tonight saw a display of them in Walmart but it's so closed off that I didn't feel right pulling them all out just to look for the one. I'm glad they're finally getting into stores!

      Delete
    2. I know its been a bit but 76 is NOT miss everlasting. Unless I just have the worst luck. Because ive opened THREE different boxes with 76 and it was glitterbomb everytime :(

      Delete
    3. It's entirely possible some of the codes changed from when I first opened mine. I opened Miss Everlasting as 76. So the rare, Glitter Bomb, is now 76?

      Delete
    4. It would seem that way. And if they ARE changed its the only one. As ive pulled 3 others that matched the other codes given just fine. Whats also weird is i cant find any other numbers besides these? So im not even sure what miss everlasting WOULD be

      Delete
    5. Have you found any 80? I remember looking through 3 cases in Target for it and there wasn't a single one, which is why I kept thinking it was Glitter Bomb. I'll have to check out 76 if I see them again. They keep selling out everywhere.

      Delete
    6. Ive never seen a single 80! Ive seen every other number multiple times in two different stores but never an 80. Heres hoping i figure out where miss everlasting is :(

      Delete
    7. There are several reasonable ones on ebay, if it comes to that.

      Delete
    8. I just opened 76 as Glitter Bomb, too, so I updated the info above. I'm sorry you're having trouble finding Miss Everlasting, but I do appreciate the help in getting Glitter Bomb!

      Delete
    9. Super jealous as I've bought 3 76 dolls and all are Miss Everlasting. I've done it carefully so they could be returned but I've also never returned anything and feel they'll sit on the bags forever! We need to find a way to trade through here :) However thanks to the author the codes for Morning Workout, Cold-hearted and Drop all worked beautifully!
      Cheers! Becks

      Delete
    10. That's so strange! I wonder if it was one odd batch that had the numbers mixed up or something.

      You're welcome to leave an email address, IG name or whatever you like so people can find you to trade with.

      Delete
  7. I just opened a 76 as Miss Everlasting. I've been searching and searching everywhere near me and there are NO 80s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Augh, this happened to my friend yesterday, too. I'll change the codes again! I guess there's no way of knowing who you'll get.

      Delete
    2. This is certainly one way of hiding your rare haha. At least Miss Everlasting is cute.

      Delete
  8. I just commented above how I triedb3 x 76 dolls from 2 different stores and not one Glitter Bomb either :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Walmart has these for $5. Let's see if these codes is accurate 😃

    ReplyDelete
  10. None are 80, but I got a few 76 to test.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My results:
    All still accurate:

    MOURNING WORKOUT: 82

    LOVE STRUCK: 81

    SHE'S SHADY: 77

    ROCK IN PEACE: 79

    STRIKE OUT: 74

    SHOP TIL YOU DROP: 73

    COLD HEARTED: 78

    READY TO DROP: 75

    76: MISS EVERLASTING (4)
    GLITTERBOMB (1)

    ReplyDelete