Thursday, February 24, 2022

REVIEW: Mermaid High Spring Break Raynea

 

Look who made it early! I saw several delivery estimates for my Mermaid High Spring Break orders, but Raynea here actually showed up earlier than promised. (Unlike an overhyped mermaid line that had to make up a flimsy excuse for its delay.) No movement on Finly yet but I'm pleased Raynea is here.

These girls are $21.99, which is a few dollars less than the Series 1 dolls. They come with less. There's no comb, shell phone or collector card. Just the doll, her accessories, and a pair of shoes. 



 

If you wanted to know anything about Raynea, you are SOL. Seriously a little character blurb on the back would have been nice, since they don't come with cards. 




Art of her mermaid form. 




The packaging is like a freakin' fortress. Not easy to open whatsoever. Ugh. 

I finally got Raynea out. 

I'm sure a lot of people like it, but I'm really over the smart/nerd girl having to be into video games. There are so many other ways to show that she has nerdier pursuits. What I really want to see is a popular girl into video games. Popular boys are so why not a girl, too?



The earring in her left ear is ridiculous. I hate oversized earrings so much. I tossed it in my MerHigh storage bag. The right earring is a tiny shell with game controller details. That's actually cute. 



I was going to ditch the Tetris barrettes, but her hair is so huge that I'm leaving them in. It's so thick on top that she's almost got a partial beehive going on. 

Her hair is quick thick overall but it's coarse and dry at the ends in some places, especially the color change streaks. I love that it's shorter than the other dolls' but the quality isn't great. The bang pieces are gelled, so she's headed for the salon after this. 




She's really cute in her enormous glasses. 

How would glasses even work underwater? They wouldn't but it's a cute idea. More lines need to remember glasses exist. (*cough*RH*cough*)




I actually love how this looks. Her little feet are adorable in the chunky gamer girl sandals and I prefer the suspenders going into the bikini bottoms rather than her tail skirt thingy. 





Shoes from the side. 


So I like Raynea but I don't absolutely love her. She's conflicting for me. I love dolls with glasses but I hate that they're always the nerdy types. I don't like the nerds being restricted to gaming as much as they are. I like the shorter hair but the decline in quality isn't good. She's really cute in her human form, which is not how I was expecting to display her, but that's what's happening. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment