Tuesday, February 22, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High Junior High Violet


I hardly ever find stuff early these days. I'm on the East Coast. We're always behind. So when people started finding RH Junior High, I decided to check my Target tonight on a whim, fully not expecting a thing on the shelf. But tucked away on the bottom next to some Nananas, I found Violet!

Now Violet is not my favorite. She's actually by far my least favorite of the mainbow, but this particular doll is ADORABLE. I'm not a Britney fan, but even I gotta love the look. 

Price is $24.99. Welcome to inflation. Sigh. For $3 more, you can get a Series 3 doll with a stand and a complete second outfit. 




Back of the box. 




The backpacks are extremely well-made. MGAE really knows how to make fabric purses. They need to teach Mattel how because those lumpy things that come with the $75 MH fancy dolls are not okay. 



The detail on the straps. I mean, come on. 



I do wish she'd had a little stand though. 

She does have gel in her hair. It's on the bangs, of course, but also the pigtail tips and a little got higher onto one pigtail, too. Not awful though, so I opted to review before salon time. 




SO FRICKIN' CUTE. 

I'm not sure I'd want my daughter in a midriff top at that age, but it is Violet. She's totally the type to dress a bit older than she is. 

Although the promo pics did not have this as a midriff top. Hmm. 





Why did I take another photo so like the one that's two above this? Eh, who knows? 




Shoes are adorable, though definitely unnecessary for that age. But again, it works with Violet's character. Every other girl has flat shoes. 




Past Violet and Present Violet. 

I did not do any shots of the body. Violet has one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to redressing a doll. She wears a long-sleeved shirt layered over another long-sleeved shirt and each opens in the opposite direction. I HATE that. It's almost impossible to get the sleeves to not bunch up. They're already a bit bunched under that sweater so I was not taking it off. I'll do it for one of the other girls when I get more. 

So I'm smitten with these. Violet was on my definite buy list with Jade, Sunny and Poppy, but I'll likely cave and get all six. Ruby grows on me every time I see her pics. They're high quality little dolls for sure, but that's to be expected from RH. Price point is a bit high, but I'm sadly sure when Series 4 comes out, it's going to be more than $3 more than these. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment