Thursday, February 3, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High Pacific Coast Hali Capri



I wasn't going to get Hali, but then I realized she's Greek. Or at least Greek to me. So I caved when I saw her at Walmart the other day. She can join Phaedra and Daphne in the RH Greek name club. Although my headcanon for Hali is that she actually is Greek but the other two aren't. 


So she's got the usual comb and stand, plus the extra heeled legs. 

Her shoes are flat. She has a bikini and little shorts that go over it. 

Her headpiece is a scarf...with a visor attached? That's a choice. And then a scrunchie. 

And she has a towel, cute bag and sunglasses. I like the Greek border on the towel and on her sandals. I'm pretty sure it's mimicking Versace because gods forbid these dolls not mimic designers, but my Hali is still Greek. 



She got a little makeover. 

I cut the visor off the scarf, because it actually looks cute without that stupid visor. 

I also had to wash the gel out of her hair and she had a huge snarl that I had to cut out. It caught when I brushed her and screwed up her ponytail, so I took it down, got rid of the snarl, then gave her a low side ponytail. 



I think this is the Daphne mold, right? I love the partly closed eyes on both of them. I'm going to be a sucker for this mold because without it, I might have been able to resist her, Greek name and meander or no. (That Greek border is called a meander. I love that.) 



So how does Hali hold up with the other blue girls? I left Gabriella out because there are no similarities there. 

Each doll is definitely different. You're not going to confuse Hali for Skyler and definitely not Robin. 


However, these three dolls are still similar. All have a blue theme with lighter blue eyes and lighter blue makeup. All have long, mostly straight hair. 

So that's enough. RH needs to change up the blue one next time. How about dark blue hair that's textured or curly or a short bob? With dark blue eyes if they're too afraid to use a different color. Something needs to be different though. 



Their hair, in case anyone was wondering. 


I do love Hali. I think she's gorgeous and I don't regret getting her at all. She looks really cute with Phaedra. I like her outfit and love her sandals. The bag is great. I just want them to add even more variety. They've been improving. They just need to maintain that trajectory. 

I've got Harper drying after a much-needed salon trip. that poor doll was so crunchy! So I may get to her tomorrow before I go to work. She's actually already dressed and a lot of photos have been taken. I just need her hair to dry and to shoot a few more pics. (Spoiler: She's GORGEOUS. And I changed her clothes.)


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. Next I want a Navy Blue on a pale girl, Twins/Sheryl mold maybe. A classy style, because gothic would be too much to ask I guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Bad internet plus sausage fingers, I accidentally deleted the other comment. It said something like: Gothic would be super cool, 100% agree, but I'm not holding my breath, given that they haven't even had the balls to give black lipstick to Jade, or to any other of the edgier styled girls (I'm thinking Lyric, Emi, even maybe Daria) that could've worked the look. MGA needs to start taking a bit more risks with RH, instead of safe plays with copying from popstars and runways.

      Delete