Friday, February 4, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High Pacific Coast Harper Dune



I pre-ordered Harper when she came available on Amazon. They've been doing these Pacific Coast dolls a little differently. You can order and then there's no projected ship date right away. Mine initially said late Feb when it came through, but quickly changed to earlier in Feb. I could have gotten her from Target.com, but I had a $10 promo so I wanted to use that, because I wasn't entirely into Harper. Let's just say I $21.99 liked her instead of $31.99. 


She arrived yesterday and I deboxed her after finishing my Hali review.

Harper comes with a pretty gold glitter stand and comb. (This is what I think Marisa should have come with instead of the same solid gold as the rockers.) She has the extra heeled feet. Like Hali, she comes with the flat feet on and flat shoes as well. 

She also comes with a cap, sunglasses, bag, towel, bikini, and shorts.


  


I am really not a Burberry fan. I think it's pretty ugly. So I took a few quick photos of her with her crunchy gel hair because I was not putting her back in these clothes after salon time. 

These shorts I just don't like the cut of. I've never liked the shit hanging out the bottom look. 



I'm definitely a less is more person, as we all know. So I think that's my issue with Burberry. It very quickly becomes too much. 

The bikini is actually pretty cute. Just the bikini without the hat, the sunglasses, the bag and the towel. The hat by itself is cute. The bag by itself is cute. But not more than one piece of that print at a time! 




These shoes are adorable. I only wish the soles were a little larger. Her toes keep sticking off the front edge. I'm torn because I love the fabric ties, but I also hate MGAE for making me constantly tie short laces. I about screamed at Hali's shorts last night. Kids probably don't have issues, but I actually have tiny hands for an adult, so I can't imagine the average adult collector fighting with these.



The crunchy gel forced me to rinse it out of her hair. Then I conditioned, combed once with a wide-toothed comb, scrunched her hair with my fingers, and let it air dry. It lost some of the wave, but it didn't come out too bad. There was no way that gel was staying in. 



Harper is super gorgeous. I remember thinking she was too like Marisa, but those early pictures did her no justice. 

Sunny's dress and jacket also look better on Harper than on Sunny. 




The back of her hair. Not too bad!

She would look cute with low pigtails if I put her back in her bikini. Nobody with floor-length hair is gonna wear it loose at the beach or pool. 




The bag is the one Burberry piece I'm allowing her. 



Comparison shot with Sunny and Marisa. She's darker than Sunny and definitely looks nothing like Marisa, aside from having brown eyes and a brown-toned lip. 



More comparisons. She's very similar to Daria but more of a warm tone. Lighter than Robin. (Darker than Vanessa.)

I just love that they made her this dark. It makes her a way better doll than the slightly blonder Marisa she did look like from leaked photos. 


 Harper and Robin look like they're gossiping and Daria is rushing to join in. 

Anyway, LOVE Harper. I'm so glad I got her. She's actually my favorite of the three I have. 

Hopefully I'll have Margot sooner than later. Amazon says between the 9th and 18th. It'll be here before we know it. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment