Friday, February 11, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High Pacific Coast Margot de Perla


MARGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. 

Finally. 

As we saw more of her, this was my most wanted from this set. Her face does not disappoint, although...well, I'll get to the hair. 



I ordered two of them to choose the best face and got two different girls. 

This one went heavy on the lower eyeliner. 



While this one is more what I was imagining. 

It's like she's Day Margot and the first one is Night Margot. 

I heavily debated keeping both. 

Margot comes with a pearly stand and comb. She has her heeled feet on with pearl shoes. Her flat feet are separate. Her beach towel's colors make it look like it has an iridescent sheen but it's an illusion. Her bag is a disappointment. Phaedra had a shiny bag so why is Margot's so plain? It's the only one of the PC bags I'm not displaying. The head wrap is a nice shiny material but I hate it so it stays off. Her bikini is cute, but I'm not a fan of the cover-up. You'll see why. 


Okay, now the first thing you may notice about Margot is that her hair is not white. 

I'm still not over this disappointment. I thought her hair would be white with Abbey-like iridescent tinsel and maybe a few color streaks to indicate iridescence. Nope. Her hair is almost entirely not white at all. It's honestly such a mystery to me, because in photos, some of the streaks look white, but in person, they're the pale pink or pale green ones. And then in the sunlight, some of them looked white. 

Even after looking at her in a few types of light, I cannot say if she has white in her hair or not. 


Her face is so beautiful. I love it. 

Her sheer gorgeousness makes up for the hair disappointment a little. 



Her hair is multiple colors. The lavender is the darkest, but there are some blue chunks that are pretty bright. The pink and green streaks are quite pale. They're the ones that I get mixed up with the white, if there are even any white at all. 

In this photo here, it looks like her hair is white, purple, blue and pink. The green lightens up in pics. 

She's like a human Abbey. 



Not a fan of the cover-up skirt. I just don't like the cut of it. 

I wish they'd given her palazzo pants. That would have looked nicely elegant. 



Her sunglasses are cute. 

Aside from her hair, my other big disappointment is that she's a jewelry focus without a scrap of jewelry. Why is it so hard to give these girls jewelry? How do you put out a character that designs jewelry without earrings or a bracelet?! Take one of the stupid gold bits that hang off her bikini and give her a bracelet instead. The gold clashes with her pastel hair anyway. 


"Hey, Margot, what's your theme color? Yeah, I dunno either."

I adore Margot. I still think she's beautiful. But I'm sad they made her hair so dominantly other colors and not white with a thin layer of streaks. I feel like it takes away from her identity a lot. She struggled with representing pearl anyway. The only bit that really does is the shoes. The hair would have helped a lot, but not if it's an array of pastel colors. She's still in my list of top faves, but it's sad to see her diminished a bit.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually impressed with how well they managed to capture iridescence without just going with flakie plastic. Not sure I'll feel that way when mine appears but if nothing else, she'll still be pretty. It is a bit odd that her hair is completely lacking in obvious white. And by a bit I mean I'm still picking up the pieces of my brain that shattered due to that realization.

    But the way my jaw dropped when you said she was a jewelry focus with no jewelry. That's... why?

    ReplyDelete