Thursday, February 17, 2022

NEWS: Monster High


Monster High dolls with the original characters are officially back. This photo was dropped on their Facebook today. Each of these will be $75 and Frankie is available on Mattel Creations tomorrow with the rest to follow. 

I will be passing on this line. I don't see $80 worth of product here. The outfits are nicely detailed and they have rooted lashes and a lot of accessories, but we used to get similar quality for far less. It's a nice idea but the price tag is $10 less than the Skullector 2-packs and that's TWO dolls. 

Now if they do Cleo, which apparently they will along with Lagoona, I will spend the $80 for her. It's Cleo. I have to. It's written in glyphs somewhere. 

If MH really wants a comeback and to be a strong contender against Rainbow High, which let's face it is the only real competition out there, they need to get affordable dolls equal to RH's detailing, quality and poseability on the shelves for kids as fast as they can. I hope they're prepared for that, since I'd love to see some spooky girls out there again. And I'm not talking Shadow High. MGAE is already being bitchy and saying they can "keep a secret" too. HA! The world's most leaked doll company? Nice one. But I am curious about their Shadow High. I did love Bratzillaz, even though they were very weak compared to MH. I'm imagining Shadow High as Bratzillaz meets RH so I'm hoping they do more than that. It's going to take much more than that to beat a fully-resurrected MH playline. 

So let's bring it on, spooky dolls. I'm way pickier about where my money goes now. Impress me.

4 comments:

  1. I love Frankie, she is my favorite character and I do like the styling of this one but I wasn't able to pinpoint what seemed off about her. Now I get it. She still looks like reboot Frankie with those huge eyes :( Draculaura and Clawdeen don't look like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will buy Cleo to complete my Cleo collection but I'm passing on the others. They are not worth $75.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At $60, they probably would've had me. I would've complained mightily, but I would have done it. At $75, I just can't. I will for Lagoona unless they do something terrible to her and likely will for Cleo but... $75 at this point in time? Nope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The line is very pretty but I agree. These look like higher end playline Monster High dollswith lots of detail but The price is just too much. Maybe if it was around $50-$60 especially if I wanted to buy all of them. Thats just so much money!

    ReplyDelete