Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Unconventional Reviews: Rainbow High & LOL OMG


So these are some older items I opted not to do full reviews on. There are loads of them that show all the details. 

I've had the poor De'Vious twins sitting around for months. 

Laurel is the warm-toned twin and Holly is the cool.

PROS: Deboxing was pretty easy. I like the clear boxes they come with for storage. The purses are nicely-constructed and I love the gemstone earrings. All 4 pairs of shoes are nice. I love the multi-colored nails and the girls' hair was silky and gel-free. I love how colorful their hair is, too. It's obscured from the front but from the back, all those colors are lovely.  


CONS: I'm not a fan of their main outfits. They look like they stepped out of an 80s nighttime soap opera. Yet at the same time, I found them impossible to redress, so they ended up back in these dresses. I may not like them, but they do suit the characters. I also decluttered them. No giant letter earrings or silly chokers. The concept of splitting up the R and H for Rainbow High doesn't work for me if you have multiple initials. I do like it on their purses, because then it's one R and one H as it should be. 


So where did the awesome gem earrings go? Stolen by these two gorgeous thieves. Favorite accessories are always going to go to my favorite dolls. Sorry, twins. 

OVERALL: I like the twins far more than I expected to. They're pretty dolls. Not the most unique or diverse and definitely not the best-designed, but they're pretty and I'm a sucker for mean girls. They make the show more interesting. 

I finally got Kia Hart last night. I kept waiting for a decent sale on her and $23.99 was acceptable. I definitely think the doll is way overpriced and she has far more quality control issues than any other RH I've seen yet. One of the three in the store was missing half her eyebrow and mine is missing a lot of nail polish.

FACE: She's gorgeous. I always love brown eyes. 

HAIR: Loaded with gel, but it washed out nicely. I love the colors. 

ACCESSORIES: One of her earrings broke off so they're ruined. I didn't like them, but still. Her second shoes are a bit much for me, but these rainbow ones are glorious. If only they stayed on a bit more securely! The barrettes are a cute touch. 


CLOTHES: I don't actually mind them as much as I used to. Kia is very busy. There's always a lot going on with her pieces, so there's no way I can tone them down as I usually do. I like the black and white top, so I took off the white one and then put the jacket on because it's cute. The holographic pants are really cool. I like the second top, but not the shorts. Flaw-wise, they were mostly okay, but one patch on her jacket is fraying. 

OVERALL: I wasn't going to get Kia at her full price because she is clearly way overpriced. She's more like a $30 doll not $40. Maybe $32 at most. But I loved her character working in the Rainbow Union on the show. I can relate, Kia. So after that, I kept watch for a sale and I'm happy with the price I paid. She'll never be a fave, but she's certainly cute. 


I'm being far more picky about LOL OMG now, but Gamma Babe was the one I was most interested in from the movie line. She reminds me of the old Mercu and Jupi Pullips. I got her for $19 from the Amazon Warehouse. 

I love the hair, her makeup and her overall design. But the doll is not without flaws. 

The purple jacket from the second outfit should never have had a zipper. It was impossible to close. These blue pieces are very stiff. The top was really hard to put on and the skirt is permanently creased. Her earrings are cute, but were not fun to put on.  


I like her. She's fun. I'm glad I got her, but definitely glad I didn't pay anywhere near full price. 



PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. Love the hair colour of these dolls, soo pretty!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete