Saturday, November 6, 2021

REVIEW: Rainbow High Rockstars Vanessa Tempo


Finally getting around to reviewing these girls. I took Vanessa's pics days ago, but wanted to pair her with Marisa as my final reviews for each set and so I had to wait for Marisa's hair to dry. 

Vanessa was the first one I ordered from the Rockstar line and the last to ship. Then the one I got had flaws, so I bought two more. This was the best of the trio, so I returned the other two and examined at least five more on the shelves, all of which had worse flaws than this one. So she was it. 



Gold Rockstar stand, comb and hangers. 

Earrings which will never be seen again. 

Drums and second outfit. 



And here's Vanessa. GAH, I hate this outfit so much. 

I hate bustiers over shirts. NO. JUST NO. That's neither comfortable nor the point of a bustier. Plus, it's too much white so it all just muddles together. 

The overly ripped jeans might not be horrific on their own, but child, you are in an arts school. You do not need to wear a piece of cord as a belt. What the actual. 

The gloves, watch, bracelets, choker, shoes, and denim scrunchy I like. 



There's a better look at her hidden shirt. 





My love of her heels meant she was definitely going in the dress.

But man, once again, the RH designers have forgotten what a waist is. There are way too many of these garments where the waist just disappears. I like the dress. I love the shoes. So how do we make this work? 




We hide the problem. 

I don't hate this at all. 


Now that leaves one more tiny problem of something that's TOO hidden. 


What's the point of having rainbow baby hairs if you're not going to show them off? 


On one hand, I do like the pieces of hair in her face, because it gives her a touch of shyness, but on the other hand, I want to see the baby hairs. 


Vanessa is a gorgeous doll. I may not like every clothing piece she comes with, but she still ended up in a great outfit that suits her. 

So here is Prism! (They're Rainbow Dream in the show, but that's so uninspired. Prism may not be unique, but I like it.)

You'll have to excuse Lyric's awkward pose. Vanessa kept tipping, so she and Carmen got the back support, leaving Lyric to stand entirely on her own. 

I'm very surprised, but I ended up loving each of these girls equally. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment