Saturday, November 6, 2021

REVIEW: Rainbow High Slumber Party Marisa Golding

So Marisa was the first Slumber doll I bought, way back on October 12th. Clearly, I just did not have good luck with the first dolls this time. She sat there and sat there and sat there, then got marked "delayed." Then I started seeing people ordering and getting theirs, so I stalked the listing, ordered another, and got her in only a few days. The difference in the purchases? The one they actually shipped was $48.88, while the first I got for the $29 price. They had no problem shipping my cheap Robin and Brianna, but Marisa? Nope. I bitched to customer service and they gave me 10% off. Not what they should have done, but it's not like Walmart is the greatest company.

Marisa is the Vanessa of the Slumber set, meaning I hate most of her clothes. Except with Vanessa, I actually liked a lot of her pieces. It was how they were put together that I hated. The only piece of hers I definitively hate is the cord belt. 

Marisa on the other hand. Ick. Why am I paying almost $50 for a doll with a sweatsuit? 

Another disappointment: Marisa has the same gold accessories as the Rockstars. I wish they'd done gold glitter or something. 



I don't absolutely hate this. I just would prefer it with an athletic set or in a fashion pack I could avoid. It's black so yay and it's nicely-detailed for doll clothing, as RH is, but it's still a basic sweatsuit. 

Marisa had the least gel in her hair of the Slumber trio, but it still needed washing out. 




I don't hate this either. I actually quite like both pieces. It's when you put all the other stuff on that it's just too much. 





I don't outright hate this, but I don't love it either.



The slippers though. They're adorable. 

Were I keeping Marisa with the Slumber girls, I'd dress her like this. 

But I'm not. 



Marisa was meant to join Prism on their shelf. She's a photographer. She can take band photos. 

So that's her top, Lyric's skirt and Carmen's boots. 




Marisa is definitely a beautiful doll. She just needed more styling help than the other two. 

I love that she kept her gold theme. I still think it's shameful that MGAE gave in on the colors and changed Brianna and Robin. I hope they do metallics in the future. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. You know, the more I look at Marisa, the more I get a very young Minx from Jem vibe. I'm not sure why (the outfit colors probably)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly! She does have a resemblance to the comic version.

      Delete