Wednesday, November 3, 2021

REVIEW: Cave Club Dino Rockin' Party Emberly


FREAKIN' FINALLY. 

Other countries have had the newer Cave Club items for ages, but here in the US, we've been forced to import. I've so far only caved (har har) on the tots, but I had plans to start with the party line soon. Imagine my surprise when I got a delivery estimate update for Emberly here. I'm hoping Bashley isn't far behind. 

Emberly runs $19.99 on Amazon and she is currently "in stock soon." 



Here's the art from the back, which shows Fernessa. I don't think she's making it into production ever. Walmart has a listing for her, which shows a kinda scary prototype. 

Shame, because she's gorgeous. 

So Emberly comes with some accessories "for you" (AKA: the target market). There's a scrunchie, a FIRE barrette, and a cute flame ring. 

Then there's her comb and accessories for the doll herself: a pair of adorable scrunchies, sunglasses (which I did not put on her), a purse, and the typically anachronistic cell phone and polaroid camera. I love the tiny pictures and that they fit into the slot on the camera.




Here's Emberly straight from the box. Her hair is...horrible. Like Series 1 Fernessa horrible. There's one giant ponytail on the side and a longer yellow-streaked ponytail on the other side. The back is all shifted off to one side and man, the ends of everything are so dry. 




After a quick condition and dry, I finger-scrunched her hair into this giant mass. 




Still dry. Still horrible. But now it looks even more 80s huge. 


She's cute. I like her, but I love the Series 1 Emberly way more. Still wish they hadn't watered down this line. There's not much here that says "Cave Club" anymore, but they're still cute dolls. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment