Wednesday, November 3, 2021

REVIEW: Petworks Ruruko Wizard Boy



After several years of wanting one, I finally got my first Ruruko. There are only two I really want and this is one of them. 



Petworks is the company behind Momoko. I bought many of those a long time ago when I was collecting Pullips.


 


My camera battery died, so no pictures of all the little pouches this outfit was originally in. I dressed him while the battery got a bit of a charge, then took these photos on the fabulous back of my couch. 

There actually is a couch under the gray fuzzy blanket. We have three dogs and my mom keeps everything covered. There are so many blankets on this couch...



So this is the wizard boy who released, according to the Petworks site, in October 2020. No idea if that's accurate or not. 

He's described as a "naughty wizard" who studies fire magic. He has a broom, but I didn't take a pic with it.



The hat does have a point on it. 





It just looks silly like this, so I keep it tilted.



I love the hair! 

I have very few longer-haired male dolls and I don't think any of them are younger like this, so he's a nice addition to my lineup. 



He's going to look awesome with my Azone Little Witches.

I'm not sure how to describe the material his body is made from, but it feels so sturdy and high quality. Heavy. The joints move smoothly and I love how they're designed. 

I love his skintone, too. I'm a slight sucker for the tanned Asian dolls, though I only own one other right now. There's a newer female tan Ruruko that I love also, though she's not the other one I definitely want to get. And there's a female witch with bright red hair that's on my maybe list with the tan girl. 



He's adorable, unique, high quality, and I feel like he was worth the price. The clothes aren't as detailed as Azone, but they're certainly no playline either. I look forward to getting the female Ruruko I have my eye on, though I'm not importing anything else until after vacation. 

Now he just needs a name...


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.  

2 comments:

  1. Ruruko dolls are lovely and he is no exception. I love his outfit! :) I only have one Ruruko myself, a little girl and she lives in a world of her own. Perhaps you both will pop by for a visit sometime. https://thelittledollytoybox.blogspot.com/p/hatsukos-world.html
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, she's adorable! I miss having the time to write more for my dolls and do little photo stories.

      Delete