Tuesday, October 19, 2021

REVIEW: Rainbow High Slumber Party Brianna Dulce


My original plan was to review Lyric and Brianna on the same day, but the gel in Brianna's hair foiled that. 

The Slumber Party dolls are Walmart exclusives. I stalked the site until I was able to get all three, because the prices on the site are way cheaper than they are in store and not every Walmart will price match, not even to their own website. Marisa sadly has not shipped yet and I'm afraid they're going to cancel her. 



Back of the box. 



Brianna comes with the basics: stand, comb, 2 hangers, complete second outfit. The earrings I pulled off to photograph here. 

Her slumber accessories are a cute pillow and sleeping bag. 



Straight out of the box. I was really sad to see that she was as loaded with hair gel as the earlier dolls. No Series 3-level silky hair here. Sigh. 

Brianna suffers from typical Rainbow High syndrome. She's just got too much going on. 



Mine unfortunately has slight warping to her right leg from how she was positioned in the box. 

I really hate how they punch holes in the clothes. Both this top and the second outfit top have visible holes right in the chest. There's gotta be a better way to have the clothes in the packaging. 




I love the second tee. It's super cute. 

Brianna is adorable. I love her makeup and her freckles. 

I really wish they hadn't gelled her hair. It was so cute like this and I knew it wasn't going to come back as curly. I'm not good enough with hair to recreate it. But the loose long bang on her right was also frizzy and that needed to be fixed, too. 




Annnnnnd all the curl is gone. 




She's still cute, but it's not the same. 

I'm not sure if all Briannas are like this, but mine also has weird lip paint. It's like the base coat didn't take. There are a lot of spots where I can see her vinyl color. But the top coat covers it for the most part. 



So here she is dry. Her right pigtail is a lot fuller than the left. I added the loose piece to it, but that was pretty thin so it didn't add that much hair. 

I'm not a big fan of her first top. It's not bad with these pants though. All of this together is cute except for one thing. 




I despise ass words. I always have, I always will. 





"I'm not like a regular mom. I'm a cool mom." 





The jacket is cute.




My Brianna is definitely going to be more casual. Even this robe is too much. 



Briefly wearing the earrings. 




This is how I like her and how I imagine her roaming the dorm halls. 

Her sleep mask is super cute. I should have gotten a pic of it, but I managed not to. Good job, me. 

I also love the bear slippers, but I think that goes without saying. 



I may consider getting a second Brianna. I want to see her in stores to examine the lips on the others and check if they're like mine. If I do get another, I'm going to keep those curls intact. Or maybe I'll study up on some hair-curling techniques and give it a go. 

She's adorable though. I like her way more than I ever expected to when I first saw her. I'm still disappointed we never got a metallic theme. Maybe someday MGAE will have the balls to stand up to the retailers and their lame opinions. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. I think the ass words are there to reinforce the connection to the spoof in the outfit: the Juicy Couture tracksuit celebrities and every other teenage girl wore in the early-to-mid '00s. Not that the "Juicy" on the bum wasn't embarrassing then - it was, and I agree I've not seen a flattering case of "ass words" in recent memory either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know why they're there, but that doesn't make them any less atrocious. :) RH definitely has a schitck for copying designer stuff...whether good or not.

      Delete