Friday, October 1, 2021

REVIEW: Mermaid High Mari

 

Now this was a surprise! Typically, when Amazon is wrong about an estimated release date, they leave the order in place and then send out a message with an updated delivery date. This time, they didn't! My Mermaid High orders just shipped out of nowhere. Thanks, Amazon. (No, really, I'm so happy with these.)



Back of the crushed box. 

Thanks, Amazon. (Sarcastic this time.)




Lovely art!

I swear, I'm going to someday get my room set up with a better review spot. Although on the other hand, my pictures are always easily identifiable!



Mari comes with her ID card, sunglasses, shoes, skirt, socks, purse, comb, and a seashell that opens in water to reveal a hidden accessory. 




People gave these dolls crap when the pics first came out, even stupidly calling them dollar store dolls. 

Well, forget that. They're loaded with detail. 

And that hair? There's a tiny bit of gel in her bangs, but the main part of her hair is silken loveliness. No gel washing required. And it doesn't feel a bit cheap. 




She's super cute. I get hints of Winx Club and Moxie Girlz from her. 





Love the chain belt. The details are an octopus and a lock. 



The body isn't super articulated, but it's nice enough. At least she has elbow and knee joints. I'm not one of those that needs a wrist joint all the time. 

The torso is nicely-molded. 

I love the tentacle headband thingy. 




Here she is in her human disguise. 

I adore that skirt with the tentacles and the multiple materials, but it really needed a skirt strap. You know, the built-in undies that keep the skirt in place. It kept creeping up too high and I wanted it to sit lower. 



This purse though. This might be the coolest doll purse ever. It has a mermaid on it that's a SKELETON from the waist up. The strap is a tentacle. Just...wow. The sheer badassery of it. 

Her "bracelets" are all one piece, but it's really cool, too.




And then there are the cute sunglasses. 

You guys know how rarely I keep sunglasses on my dolls. Well, Mari is still wearing these. 




Tentacles up the arms. 



I'm not sure if it's visible, but the deco at the bridge of the nose is an OCTOPUS.


 


The seashell popped open submerged in water. It's sort of a computer? I think? And then there's the accessory pouch. 



SHARK TOOTH EARRINGS.



So these dolls don't have the quality level of Rainbow High, but the detail level is up there with Monster High when it comes to little tiny bits of awesomeness. I love her way more than I expected to. Like I'm planning on buying another to keep her in the civilian outfit. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment