Wednesday, October 20, 2021

REVIEW: Rainbow High Rockstars Carmen Major

 

Time for another two reviews, though like last time, I can only do the Rockstar review tonight. Robin had to hit the salon, so she'll be up tomorrow. Why in the world did they load the Slumber line with gel and not the Rockstars? Carmen had a little, but nothing I even needed to wash out. The Slumber dolls didn't need it. Sigh. 


 


Carmen's got the basics: stand, comb, hangers, full second outfit. 

Her instrument is a guitar, which has a strap that doesn't stay on super well, but a case that is amazing. 




The little clasps are so cute and functional. I love it. 




Carmen was my initial favorite from the early photos. I'm glad her hair is curlier than I first thought. 

I think I'm going to like each of these three girls about equally though. I already love Lyric more than I expected and Carmen here is darling. There's something very sweet about her. 



I love her makeup and colors. And the baby hairs! I've seen people bitching about these and no, absolutely not. They belong there. Yes, they should be molded. Yes, they are cultural. Shut up about it. 



Now MGAE did Carmen's tall boots just fine. Why did Lyric's come out so bad? 



The jacket is the best part of her main outfit. And then the boots, gloves and choker. I'm not a fan of the denim top. The skirt is cute, but I think Stella might get it instead. 

I'm not a fan of them sewing on the jewelry. I don't need to strain my eyes that much, thanks. 


Now we're getting to the good outfit.

The mesh shirt is a separate piece. It was easy to get on and then put the pink tee over it. I love this tee. Best parody yet. I popped her thumbs through the mesh to make thumb holes. 

Which means...


 



Emi just got some new gloves.



"Heyyyyy, Carmen, who's your friend?"

"This is Emi, Lyric."




Badass girls!



"Okay, this is MY review. Let's get back to it."


Sorry, Carmen. 

Anyway, I love this skirt! I like that it's a bit longer. 




With the taller boots?

Hmm. Nah. I'll save these for Marisa.



I love her like this. The skirt is luxe, so there's a balance of the more casual top with the fancy skirt and then the little boots. 




As much as I love her jacket, it doesn't go with the rest. I'm setting it aside for my future second Emi. I think this will look really cute on her. 



Two down, one to go! My 2 Vanessas should arrive soon. Possibly tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed that one will be good. 



PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. She is definitely an MTV girl, the good MTV though...80's-90's. Sigh, my teenage years where in the early 200's though...the start of the downfall. I read somewhere that the girl in the jacket looks like Britney and now I can't unsee it. Wich is awesome, she was and still is an icon, one that sadly today's tweens only will know because of her sad private life. Anyway, Carmen is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete