Wednesday, January 13, 2021

REVIEW: Rainbow High Fantasy Friends Series 2 Part 3


This has been a long time coming, but I'm finally back with the last part of my look at Series 2 of Fantasy Friends!

I still have yet to see these in stores, so I had to blind order more and then rely on ebay/Mercari for the rest. 

So here's Forrest Birch. He's cute, but I think Hunter (Series 1) and Xavier are my favorites from the boys overall. 



Speaking of Hunter, this must be his sister Kelly. Seriously, I only just put together that they're both DeFly. 

Kelly was kind of dull to me at first, but she's really awesome in person. She's just a little simpler so she's easily overshadowed by the flashier girls. 


 



I do love black and lime green together. 



Dragonfly on the headband. 





I took a couple pics of Heidi on my postal scale when I first got her. (I'd been weighing the bottle.)




Her wings are awesome. 



And here she is with my scarf background from today's pics. 



She was another who didn't attract me at first, but in person, she's splendid. I love the details in this line. 




And her hair from the side. 





Here's Gia Bella. 

Not one of my very top faves, but she's close. Cici, Dahlia and Obi Willow are still my top 3, but then comes either Nani or Gia. I'm not sure which yet. 




That snake. You can say whatever you want about MGAE and their risqueness, but they're not afraid to do some crazy stuff. I only wish they'd bring this edge to their LOL OMGs all the time. (I still feel like Shadow and Metal Babe were too pinkified.) 




So cool. 





Gah, Nani is SO CUTE! 

Her top was a complete pain to get on, but it was worth the struggle. 

Still think they could have been more creative with her name, but I love her anyway. 


FROG. 

I really hope MGAE considers continuing this line. I kind of doubt they will, because their focus is likely completely off the original Poopsie-themed lines and entirely on Rainbow High. I'm happy we at least got this series out, but I really wish they'd make more! I love these crazy little dolls. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hopefully this week! I had a heel break off her shoe, so I got sidetracked from doing the review while I fixed it, and then got caught up in other things.

      Delete
  2. I scored Nani on clearance at Target last night. That PHRÖG!!! My daughter put her top on her, thankfully. I agree wholeheartedly about these awesomely weird dollies, and the not risqué enough OMG girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stuck with a double of her, due to uncertain USPS services. Ugh. I'm amazed no one seems to want her.

      Delete
  3. I think if ppl knew there is a frog involved, it might change their mind. I know I thought she is really pretty, but not high priority bc WINGED DOLLIES. Once I saw the frog though, squeeeeeeeee!!!

    ReplyDelete