Tuesday, January 26, 2021

REVIEW: Paola Reina Epoque Manica

 

I only have one regular Paola Reina doll, Summer Liu. I never got as into them as I thought I might. But there are some lovely new designs and I caved quickly on this girl. 

The Epoque line all wear historical-inspired clothing. I'm planning on getting the ancient Greek one the next time I order, but they've also done an African doll and various European "princess"-style ones. 



Manica is a very striking character, as she's East Asian but her hair is always some shade of blonde and she has blue eyes. 

She's actually the same headmold as Liu, but Liu tends to be black hair or unnatural shades, though she has also had lighter eyes and red or brown hair, too. 


  



I took off the flowered ribbon to remove the plastic circle from her hair and then I brushed it, so here she is without the ribbon. 


 


Ribbon back on.

I really love her. She's definitely like nothing else on my shelves. 





Closer shot. 



She has little ankle socks that I don't care for. I think they take away from the look. 




Yep, better.



She came with a cool compact. 



Mirror on one side, brush on the other. 




It pops out! Brushes decent, too. 



And one last shot. 

I have two or three more of these girls on my wishlist, as well as another Gorjuss from the same seller, so I may be importing more soon. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment