Tuesday, October 22, 2019

REVIEW: LOL Surprise Winter Disco Bigger Surprise

I got my Winter Disco Bigger Surprise from Amazon yesterday!

This set is an Amazon exclusive for $89.99. Normally, I would not pay that much for anything LOL, but the OMG doll inside is my favorite one they've done yet, so yeah, it happened.

Mine came in the shipper.







Giant plastic case! This is great for holding all my LOL OMG stuff.







There's a foil-covered tray of small accessories and another tray holding the four balls.

The balls are one regular LOL, one boy, one little sister and one pet.

If you're interested in these only, scroll down, because I'm looking at the OMG doll first.







Here's the compartment with her in it.





And the five characters. Midnight, Lil Midnight and Midnight Pup we've seen before, but these are new, special versions.

Midnight Kid and Shadow are new.



Here are all Shadow's accessories.

Biker hat with veil. Brush. Purple stand.

Striped sleeves.

Black and white half skirt with actual metal chains.

Chrome sunglasses.

Purse, chains for one boot and one safety pin earring.

Awesome boots.







All dressed. Minus the hat.






Close up on the purse and boots.





The glasses. These are pretty badass, but I hate that they cover her gorgeous eyes. Awesome glasses or gorgeous eyes? Hard to choose!


Cute hat with the veil.

I'm going to pause a moment to talk about this style.

The original Midnight, whose big sister this is, came in a simple girly black and white dress. The only thing pink on her was her lips. I'm not sure how they took that and translated it into goth biker punk too much damn pink. The best pieces of this outfit are the half-skirt and the sleeves, although the sleeves annoy me a bit too, because they're just too thick to lay right.

On one hand, I do like this insane mishmash of an outfit that's so many styles, it manages to not even be able to be qualified as anything. On the other hand, I'd like a doll named SHADOW to have...oh, I dunno...MORE BLACK ON.







That said, Downtown has borrowed Shadow's outfit for the time being. She looks pretty cute in it! Sadly, she can't wear the hat because it won't fit over her pigtails.




And Shadow has been given this black and white dress that looks more like the original Midnight style. I paired it with these awesome handmade black granny boots that my Pullips used to wear.

It's not perfect. It's certainly too big in the torso and too long at the sleeves, but it looks more like Midnight. I will likely change her back into her stock in a week or so, but for now, I just wanted her to match for a bit.




I was pleasantly surprised to see that she took makeup lessons from Pizzazz. The giant cheek streaks are pretty awesome.

I need to futz with her hair, too. The pink has too much gel in it.





So here they are for the moment.

Like I said, I'll change Shadow back into her stock soon, but I do like this for now. Downtown had such a crappy outfit that she deserves something better.







Moving on to the little ones.

Lil Midnight comes with a bag, shoes and glasses. I didn't try those glasses on anyone. They're hideous.

All of them have pearly hair!




Midnight Pup is now flocked! She comes with a 2-piece outfit, a bottle and glasses.

My criticism for her is that they should have stuck the glasses in the sand part. They put the bottom of the outfit in there and then the sand gets on the dog's flocked fur when you put it on her and is a pain to brush off.





Midnight and Midnight Kid in their stock pieces from their individual balls.







Color change!






All the extra pieces from that big foil-covered panel.




I like Kid's outfit better than his stock, but the black boots don't fit with the pants.

And who thought that hat would fit Midnight? She has buns!





There we go. Kid gets the shoes that came with Lil Midnight.




The two shawls. The black one is flocked and I gave that to my original Midnight.






I mixed Midnight's stock with Kid's shirt.



And one more pic. I did the other one above because I'd forgotten to put those glasses on someone. This shot is how they're looking in my display.

So that's that! Is the set worth $90? Not really. LOL stuff is ridiculously overpriced. But I do like almost every piece, so I don't regret getting it. I love Shadow a lot and I hope they do another darker LOL character and actually give her a mostly black outfit. Dusk would be nice or Witchay or Bhaddie.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, the black and white dress is from an old Jenny doll from Japan. I've had it for years.

      Delete