Thursday, October 10, 2019

MONTH IN REVIEW: September 2019





September always seems to be a bear-filled month, because that's when the QVC holiday bear show airs.

Alicia here is an older bear. Mom got her for me as an early birthday present. She's a gorgeous, more unusual color.







And then there's Parsley, who looks like she's had a few too many. She was an ebay rescue. She's an $80+ bunny, but I got her for like $26 shipped. Poor thing! Nobody wanted her. She's definitely on the acquired taste side of CBs, but I decided she needed to be with my other bunnies. Likely driving them crazy.







I love Chinese Crested dogs and always wanted to get a female and name her Roxy. Well, this is as close as I'll ever get! Roxy was made by Jellycat. I got a good price for her on ebay. I have other Jellycats on my wish list that I hope to get before the year is out.




This is the Anniversary version of Seth. Charlie Bears has several of these. They're smaller versions of older, popular bears.

Seth came along with another bear I won on ebay. He's not who I bought the auction for, but he's adorable and I favor the name Seth, of course.




The dark blue guy on the right here is the reason I wanted to win the auction with him and Seth in it. This is Evermore, who goes along with Together, the red bear.

Evermore is a very dark blue, so he doesn't photograph very well, but he's darling.





Killstar put their Kreeptures plush Buy 1, Get 1 Free, so I had to take advantage of that to get all the ones I wanted.

This is Behemoth. I hope to see a Leviathan eventually.






Chimera to go along with Hydra, the one from this line that I already had.





The adorable Vampir.




And my favorite, the grumpy Gargoyle.

He sits on my reading lamp and guards the room.





I was very, very excited to see this plush of Lydia from Beetlejuice in an ad for Hot Topic on Facebook. She wasn't available at the time, but they got her on the website really quickly and I ordered. She was another birthday present from Mom!

I wish they'd do one in her animated style. I do love the movie, but cartoon Lydia is my favorite Lydia.





And back to the bears.

Congo is from the 2017 collection and only just now got released in the US! A long wait for those that pre-ordered him back then. I didn't, but I think I added myself to the pre-order list in 2018, so it's still been quite a long time.

He is phenomenal! The only Bearhouse character I have that I might love a teeny bit more is Dringle the sloth, but honestly, I think they're tied. Congo is just stunning.





I love the Heather Lyell bears, because she tends to go with the wild colors more than the other bear artists.

Roman was my most wanted of 2019. He's basically a blue version of Eleanor, so Eleanor was up there on the want list, too.

Her fur is just awesome. I love it. And she's skinny, but also very cuddly. Roman should be in stock very soon and I'm excited!







Lovell the wolf was an unplanned adoption, but I fell for this particular one and was lucky enough that nobody else picked him first!






Then came the QVC show! There was only one I definitely intended to purchase and that is Parma Violet here.

She's super soft and the purple are just lovely.

Of course, you can guess what happened. They ended up debuting several bears here in the US that no one had expected and I ended up spending way more than I intended!



Three of the brand new ones are small bears that are "siblings" to bears that were released before.

Doolie on the left is new and goes with Diddums.

These are pint-sized adorable bears and very soft! I love them.




Kay is the white and pink one and now Koko joins her. He's a nice blue with the sandy main color. A third, Kim, will be joining them in the future.

These guys are unique in that they're some of the very few CBs to have tails!




Grumpy Sienna on the left is annoyed because Harper is more to my liking than she is. Sorry, Sienna! I'm just more into gray and black than cream and brown. But you're both adorable, I promise.


And then.

Oh, boy.

Jason was not even remotely planned. He didn't appeal to me much in the sneaky peeks catalog. He's a bit bigger, around 18" or so.

Then I saw how much a lot of people wanted him, so I figured I'd better buy one and try him out in case I liked him during the show. So I ordered one.

They zoomed in on two of him on the shelf during the show and I was immediately smitten. I knew I'd chosen well. And when the time came to present him, he was already half sold out. He was on for only a few minutes before he completely sold out! He's the one people are upset over missing, because the waitlist orders are not likely to be filled.

I could not tell you exactly what it is about him, but there's something very charismatic, very charming.

He stares at me from his spot on the shelf and I've cuddled him several times already, while other bears haven't had a single turn yet!

He's definitely one of my favorites from 2019.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment