Monday, October 7, 2019

NEWS: Yoohoo & Friends Revamped!

I had a bunch of the original Yoohoo & Friends line by Aurora World, some pictured here to the left. I still have a few left, my favorite ones. I think the line is actually cuter than Beanie Boos and they do better designs.

One of the things I like to do when I'm bored is to search for new products on Amazon and other company websites. Well, I visited Aurora's today, and apparently Yoohoo & Friends is now a Netflix TV show!
http://yoohoo.auroraworld.com/
I'm not sure how long this has been going on, so it may not be news at all, but it's news to me and that's enough for me to make a post.

The main cast are: Yoohoo the bushbaby, Pammee the fennec fox, Lemmee the lemur, Chewoo the red squirrel, Roodee the capuchin monkey, Lora the scarlet macaw, and the one you know is my fave, Slo the sloth.

So these guys are the focus of the revamped plush line, but they've already got a ton of friends. You can see the characters and learn about their species here:
http://yoohoo.auroraworld.com/friends/animal-friends/
Some of them aren't working, but I hope they'll be added soon. All of them have adorable art! A lot of them are updated versions of characters from the original line.

On to the plush. The main characters come in 4 different sizes: 11-inch, 8-inch, 5-inch and a 3.5-inch clip. The majority are only in the 8" and 5" sizes, but some slipped into the other sets as well. Prices on the Aurora site are $19 for the 11", $13 for the 8", $8 for the 5", and $5 for the clips. If you look on Amazon, you can find bundled sets for cheaper, as well as individual ones also for cheaper.

I'll do a quick rundown of each size, so you know who's available. I tend to favor the bigger sizes, but as the 11" are limited in character range, I'm going with the 8" as the ones to buy. (I've ordered 2 from Amazon.)







11-inch: The main 7 characters plus RingRing the panda.

Likely the most detailed of the lines, but again, very limited in character selection.


















Clips: The main 7 plus RingRing the panda, Mango the flamingo, Betty the European rabbit, Hapee the red panda, and Skippee the rockhopper penguin.

Next most limited in characters, so I'm putting it here.





8-inch: The main 7 plus all the ones from the clips, plus:
Bleu the blue-footed sula
Alisha the snow leopard
William the quokka
Otis the southern river otter
Alvin the whooping crane
Cody the woodpecker
Martee the polar bear
Tamoo the hippo
Kixx the Alpine ibex
Ricky the spectacled bear
Stompee the African forest buffalo
Batu the fruit bat
Spotee the cheetah


8" Stompee





Jolley the reindeer
Pookee the meerkat
Cammee the chameleon
Trevor the beaver
Rino the Sumatran rhino
Max the moon bear
Acha the Argentine horned frog
Shooga the sugar glider


8" Kixx
 












The 5" series is the same as the 8".

I don't find them as cuddly though, so I'm sticking with the 8", even though they cost a smidge more.

8" Cammee










My favorite is Stompee the African forest buffalo. Other ones jumped out at me first from the Aurora website, but he's the one that when I got to him, I knew he'd be one of the ones I ordered today. I got him on Amazon for $11.20. Not Prime though, sadly, so I dunno when he'll get here.

I did get a nice deal on Cammee the chameleon. After my Amazon card rewards came off, he cost $4.44! He was on Prime, so he should be here in a couple days.

I plan on getting more soon. William the quokka is a must have. I didn't realize that's what he was at first, but yeah, need him. I love green, so Kixx the ibex, Otis the otter and Tamoo the hippo are also definites, as well as Alvin and Cody. Ricky the spectacled bear is a maybe, but Max the moon bear is a yes. I also like Bleu for some reason.

PHOTO CREDITS: First image is mine, all others are stock pics from the Aurora website.

No comments:

Post a Comment