Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Saving Snowlicious





I worked with Snowlicious today and fixed her more to my liking.

I still think they made some big mistakes with her, but as long as you're prepared to work with her, she's not bad.




I used a silver ribbon as a scarf to cover up some of her bald patches.

There are still a couple more toward the front, but I'm not good enough with hair to take the braids down, try to cover the patches and then rebraid. I could just undo the hairstyle entirely, but no. She needs her braids.





For the pants, I unpicked the seams on the outside of the legs, but that still didn't show the boots off enough. So snip snip and the lower legs are trimmed. I used clear rubberbands to strap them to her calves and then slid the boots on.

She should have had pants like this, that fit under the gorgeous boots, in the first place!


The pouch I superglued shut. It took surprisingly quickly. I envisioned myself sitting there for twenty minutes holding it shut, but it grabbed right away.

The straps I attached while they weren't on the doll, then slid her leg into them. I had to undo the top one and refasten it, but it went a lot easier than it did last night.

This thing really is cute, so sacrificing its function so she can wear it was a no-brainer for me.







The backpack got the same glue treatment. It held immediately, too, but I expected the flocking would help it with that.




So now Snow can hold her own against the other girls!

Well, not Downtown and Dollie. They're on another level. But the other OMGs, yes.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment