Tuesday, October 1, 2019

REVIEW: LOL OMG Winter Disco Dollie

I had to work tonight on this, my birthday, so we stopped in Walmart on the way home to pick up some stuff. I ended up leaving with all three LOL OMG Winter Disco dolls I needed! They had an endcap with everyone except DJ.

I love Dollie most, so we're going to start with her.






Back of the box is boring.

Adorable art!

I wish these boxes were two things.

First, easier to open. But MGAE has never been good at that. Flash before both ease of opening and anything remotely resembling environmental concern.

Second, more reusable. I had kept Neon's box from the first set, but I have too much stuff now for it to hold it all. It would have been nice to keep one of these, but they're just too complicated to open to really save for reuse.







So you pull the ribbon on the left and there's your doll.







Open the dressing room.

You can peek at them through the closed box, but it's too hard to check for face flaws. It was for me anyway, though I did try!





The left compartment has the doll, her brush, her stand and one accessory.

Dollie's was her purse. I was very disappointed in the quality of the purse, because it's super flat and has a hollowed out back. It looks like junk next to some of the other OMG purses, like Neon's.








The compartment on the right holds the little sister doll, two garment bags, a shoe box and a hat box.



They really went all out for this girl.

Sleeves. Belt. Sunglasses. Earmuffs. Phone. Earrings.

And her cute shoes.




Earrings are in. Sleeves are on.

The earrings are lovely, though I would have made one improvement. The left one should have been black.




Here's her awesome ring. I love this. A dagger through a heart.








The garment bags have her skirt and cape. Capelet? I dunno what you call that.







Fully-dressed!

The shoes were a bit of a struggle to get on.




Overkill?

Yeah.


Comparison of the little ones, for those curious.

On the left is my original Dollface, one the right is the new one.

The original had a white dress with the pink and black painted on. The new one has a pink dress with the white and black painted on.





Destined to be friends.

And hey, that's why her purse is hollow! To fit the phone. Not realistic, but kinda cute for a doll accessory.




While I do love the earmuffs, they cover her earrings. And it's still warm outside, so let's save the winter accessories for another month or so.

I absolutely love this doll. I prefer Downtown for the doll herself, but Dollie is the fuller package. Second favorite for sure.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment