Tuesday, October 1, 2019

REVIEW: LOL OMG Winter Disco Snowlicious



You know, I knew this one was going to be my least fave of the three, but I like Snow Angel and I like the color of this doll's hair.

Yeah, this isn't pretty.





Great art.

Too bad the doll looks nothing like this.



Stand. Brush. Fine.

Problem #1: Her hair, while a really pretty color and a neat style idea, fails in execution. I can see her scalp. Like a lot of her scalp.

Problem #2: The bag looks nothing like the long-strapped purple thing she's holding in the art. They put a teeny tiny closure on this thing and then FLOCKED it all. You can't put a flocked peg through a flocked hole when the peg is pretty much the same length as the hole is thick. I tried. I actually got it shut, but it popped open before I could take a picture. Several times.

Cute bag. Love the flocking. But it should have been molded shut.





There are some of the places where the scalp shows.

Ah, but I can cover it with the hat, right?

Sigh.







The other compartment. More of that snow stuff.




Original Snow Angel on the left, new on the right. The differences are pretty obvious.

The skates I think are from one of the Lils, so don't include those in the differences.

I actually like both versions a lot.




Those boots are AMAZING. And I love the little demon compact.

However...I sense problems...




The coat is okay. It looks kinda crappy on.

The top though. Why give her such a boring top when the one she's wearing in the box is way better?

And the pants are so tight. She can't wear them over her undies without it looking weird.




Boring.

And the pants almost completely cover one of the coolest pairs of doll boots I have ever seen. How did they not think to slit the legs? Swag has leg slits and her boots are totally ugly!





I cannot get the hat to look good no matter what I do. It's a near shapeless lump.

The coat is okay, but looks stupid if she's not wearing actual clothes.

Still love the boots though.


Even the doll looks over all this.

The leg pouch was a really neat idea, but one of the worst MGAE executions yet.

The straps were curved in the packaging in the wrong direction, so not only are you dealing with wobbly pegs trying to fit through too small holes, you're fighting against the way these straps want to lie. The pouch is the perfect size to hold the compact, but there is no way in hell that is staying shut for more than 1 second. Again, the peg is too weak and too short to go through the hole in the rather thick pouch lid.

This doll really could have looked cool if they'd been smart about it, but they were not. These are some really poor choices for a $35 doll.


Here they all are!

I really don't hate Snow. I'm going to try to find her a skirt and ignore her scalp showing. But no way is she worth the same as the others when she has so many flaws due to very poor decision-making and designing on MGAE's part. Unless you're a completist or you want to try to fix some of these issues, skip this doll. She's just not worth it.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment