Wednesday, October 2, 2019

A Tour of My Bear Shelves

My bear shelves are one of the only things in this apartment that are arranged almost like they're going to be once I get everything done. I've been so busy with work that I just don't take the time I need to finish setting up my toy room. I need to hang one more plush net, then order a bunch of the low quality ones, hang them in the closet and toy room, and then see how many more plush need space. I had originally planned on only one wall of bear shelves plus one more on the opposite wall, but I'm actually going to be doing matching shelves on both sides of the room, because they're my primary collection these days.

I decided to lead off this tour of the shelves with the pair outside my room. These are in the hallway. This one is directly across from Mom's room and the other is directly across from her bathroom. This picture's at a funky angle, because I shot it very quickly. It's pretty late and I'm totally doing this on a whim, so I'm trying to be quiet.

So here we have the Charlie Year Bear 2018, my biggest girl Bertha, little Boynton on her lap, and Trudy guarding the Charlie Bears books. If I end up with a Lulu from QVC, this is where she'll go. (I might not get one, because she's on waitlist.) Then on the side of the second shelf, you can see Sparks the phoenix and Oona the unicorn. They will eventually move to one of my shelves in my room once I get more built. That shelf is going to be for the CB characters that aren't bears.


This picture I actually shot before, when my first batch of new arrivals from QVC came. This is my purple panda shelf/mohair shelf. Both Parma Violet and Charlie Year Bear 2019 are plumo, which means they're mostly plush but their muzzles and inner ears are mohair. Tiny Peashoot is my only minimo. And Botticelli is my only full-sized mohair bear. (Sparks is also full-sized mohair, but obviously not a bear.)


Coming into the room, this shelf is to the right of my bed. I decided to start with some color-coordinated shelves.

The dolls will eventually all be gone, but for now, here they are.

So on the top shelf is my favorite little imp: Cherry Pie. Behind him is Ruskin, who you can only see the ear of. Then we've got Chuck, Clancy, Red Liquorice and Together, who's got my brocade Gloomy Bear on his lap.

The second shelf has Allsorts and Jelly Tot in the front left. Bear Berry is behind them and can't be seen. Bundle and Grover are in the back with the gray faces. Then TC and little Penny Chew.

Orange bears! I love orange bears. Befuddle is the multi-colored big one on the left. She's here because she matches little Edith so well. Edith's the one holding the doll brush. Then we've got Coconut Ice in the back with the white. Sienna, a Kaycee Bear, is next to her. Tango is the big grumpy guy on the right and teeny Ruby is in front of him. And Bakewell is in the center front.

On the second shelf, Parsnip is the bright one with Mischief behind him. Mischief isn't actually orange at all. He's like beige and brown. But he always was on the same shelf as Pumpkin Pie, who's beside him, and Autumn and Kaycee Bears Tango, who are down on the right, so it made sense for him to stay with them. Scrump is the black-faced one in the center and tiny Butterscotch is next to him.


I only have two yellow bears. Mix is the teeny one and Chutney is the black-spotted one. Scrummy is there on the left, because he's yellow, black, pink and white. And he's hung out with Mix for years.

You can't really see him, but Lime Pickle is representing the green bears next to brother Chutney. And Splodge is there because I think he fits right in, too.

I think this is the best shot of my floor Bearhouse gang. They're the unjointed cheaper line where Charlie experiments more with different animals. Kenya the giraffe, Lowry the African wild dog, Adelaide the fennec fox, Paignton the red panda, and Lovell the wolf are here. And then there's pin Eleanor, who's a regular CB. She's sitting on her very own antique chair that I've had for decades. I do have a bunch more Bearhouse that aren't pictured, because they're in the jumble of plushies on the opposite side of my bed. There are a male and female lion, black panther, elephant, zebra, llama and a tiny baby stork. I've also got a tiger, who sits in my window.


The green shelf is pretty blocked, but I was too lazy to move everyone.

Wozley is buried in the back left with Thistle, an artist bear, in front of him. Then Eden and little Spruce, Bamboozle and Brussell. The one with the hat in front is Toadstool.


Top of the second shelf! We've got the blue bears.

Evermore is on the left. He's brother to Together from the red shelf, so they're seated semi-near each other. Dakota is blocked behind him and Luna is beside her. You can't see her at all. Alicia is peeking out at the back right. In the front is tiny bright blue Smartie, then Koko, Elizabeth and Tatum.

The second shelf really does have more blue bears, but they're all in the back: Muffin, Bud, Bing, Macaroon and Shelby are there. The front belongs to Candice, Sienna, Harper and Cara. Cara holds my current bag of bear tags that I'm filling. I have several of these in my bear storage boxes. Someday I'm going to get one of those trading card albums and load it with bear tags.

The purple and sorta mixed color shelves.

Wisteria is on the front left with Bossy Boots and Whisp. All of them are the same lovely grayish-lavender and super soft. Then Kekezza. Then Dally, who's very multicolored. She's hiding in the corner. Lollipop ended up here to go along with Dally. She had been on the very top with the blue bears, but she didn't really fit there.

On the darker purple shelf, we've got Firecracker, who's actually not purple at all. She's black and hot pink, but she just went with this lot. Then Firework, Brat, Smudge, Demi, Mystery and Tara. Tara's a dusty pink and black, but again, she just kind of fits here.


These are the ones that are similar. Ainsley and Sharon on the left and then Molly Coddle, Jan and Hakatan on the right.

Hi, Koharu! I do love that doll.

And the pink shelf is on the bottom. Eleanor should be there, but she's adjacent so that counts. The Birthday Bear 2018 is on the left, then Elsie, Callie, Elspeth and DeeDee, who's actually white and purple. She's holding Lena, who's pale blueish-gray and lavender. And then Kay is the white and pink one at the front.




Next shelf! The big bears are taking over the tops of these. Scrabble, Hubble, Scarecrow (who's standing), Graeme, Shades and Anniversary Seth are up there.

Then the black and white shelf: Blog, Chequers, Hinckley, Stuie and Bryony the bunny.

The cats: Dandy, Goliath, Annuska, Koda (black), Kimiko (gray) and Kiri (cheetah).

Then the gray and white shelf: Ulrika, Kerri, Higgle, Bindi, Shani and Winter. Layla is in the front next to my mohair bunny and childhood Boyd's pig (Pablo).


Then the bigger brown bears: Bashful, Henry, Waffle and Karl. Li'l Red is there, awaiting others from his line. And the big empty space is where Jason usually is, but he's on my bed. (He'd needy.)

The bottom shelf is more multi-colored darker bears. Cole and Gary are front left. Then Mattie, Pepper Pot, Ludo and Dolce. Flapjack, Cayden and Fabian are in the back.



Mercury, Merlin and Brady on the top.

Dave and Tadam are the little ones at the front left of the second shelf. Then Bumble Bee, Chatterbox, Agnes, Alan and Sadie.

Then Denali is the little brown guy on a white shelf. He's McKinley's cousin, so he had to go by him. Licky Tissue is in the corner, where you can't really see him. Then Chillblaine, McKinley and Biddles.

Then Bread 'n' Butter Puddin' is on the left of the next shelf. He's blocking Susan. Next to her are Who Meee?, Dipsy, Zadie and Lani, and Diddums and Doolie in the front.



The non-bear shelf. Twig, Gilbert, Bristle, Hide, Ash and Bianca at the front. Hank is peeking from behind Twig a bit with Isnee perched in between him and Vinnie, who you can't see at all. Then little Bunya, Dusk and Parsley.

The bottom shelf is my big lighter browns. Curly, Briscoe, Michelle and Simone. Briscoe's not that big, but he didn't fit on the top shelf of this bookcase, so he stayed at the bottom.




Here's part of the bed crew. Ol' Blue Ear, my second Splodge, is on the left. I managed to cut his blue ear out of the picture. Kuma is the big guy he sits with. Kuma has been on my bed ever since I bought him years ago. Then brothers Griffin and Brooklyn, super soft Rum Baba, and curly Ivan.







Twinky is next to them. She helps keep everyone on the bed and the lamp in line.

Hodge Podge and Medley are on the top shelf of the lamp. MishMash and Caboodle on the second.

I don't have a good pic of the bottom, but it's Taggle, Daisychain and Pansy.



Here's trouble. Congo the gorilla and Jason the bear have been two of my big favorites since I got them last week.

Dringle the sloth is peeking between them. He'll always be a fave, too.



ZigZag and Windypops round out the Bearhouse collection on the bed. And behind them are Bray, TickTock and Oodles, some of my big favorites.

Someday I'll do this again once everything is in order!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Lori! I am obsessed with Charlie bears, and am loving your collection. Would love to see a ranking of your favorite bears or some bear reviews sometime. I just got chubby Shelby in and he’s cuddling with me on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have an entire blog for my bears! It's basically just a log of my collection, in case I need to reference anything, but I blab about each bear as I receive them and make an entry.
      http://vvdcharliebears.blogspot.com/

      Favorites are so hard! I'll go through my blog quick and make a list to put in a second comment, but it won't be short!

      Delete
    2. Okay, my faves in the order I got them:
      Oodles
      Brooklyn
      Bray
      Dipsy
      Brussell
      Pumpkin Pie
      Tick Tock
      Susan
      Befuddle
      Chuck
      Mischief
      Kuma
      Scrummy
      Together
      Seraphina
      Tatum
      Hinckley
      Biddles
      Scrump
      Tara
      Bashful
      Bundle
      Dringle
      Twinky
      Splodge
      Rum Baba
      Dandy
      Simone
      Windypops
      Cherry Pie
      Congo
      Jason

      Delete