Thursday, March 7, 2024

REVIEW: TLS Toy Rainbow Brite 5.5" Doll


Thanks to me stalking the Walmart listings, I was able to get Rainbow Brite. I didn't get her for the original $12.97 low price though. I paid $17.99 and then shipping and tax, so she actually came out to be more expensive than if I'd waited for my Amazon one to come in. Buuuuuuuuut I have no patience. (I am waiting on the similar-sized SSC doll though. Never caught her in stock again.)

I was surprised how tiny she is! Like I know 5.5" isn't huge, but still. She feels smaller.





I completely ignored the Hairdorables-esque surprise windows. 


So we've got stickers, a tiny comb, a headband, an ADORABLE Twink purse, and the teeniest cutest little lunchbox ever. I love it. It opens, too. 




The headband that will never be seen again. 



When I heard how many points of articulation these had, I was impressed they got that many onto such a small doll, but also concerned about stability. I want kids to be able to play with these, not just collectors. 

I had no need to worry, at least when it comes to Rainbow. 

Look how thick she is! Those are sturdy, sturdy joints. Nice. 



Two different hands. 


From the side. 





Outfit from the front. 


And back. 





She stands quite easily, though surprisingly, she stands more easily barefoot than in her boots. 


Hair is silky. Not a speck of gel. 



Size comparison with my vintage Crepe Suzette. 


And here she is with the Twink figure from Five Below. He's the perfect size to go with her. I know people are hoping they make the other sprites in this size, and I agree. However, I'd prefer them in a multipack that's widely available, NOT more Five Below figures.

I love this doll so much that it makes me completely forgive them for one of the most botched releases I've ever encountered. Forgive, but I'm still gonna talk about it. 

Now to impatiently wait for the rest of the girls! 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. The box advertises 29 points of articulation but I count 16 - unless they're counting those ball joints as multiple points of articulation? But if every ball joint is counted as 2 points that still only adds up to 23. What's the deal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea how they got that number, but I think she has more than enough, so I'm satisfied.

      Delete