Wednesday, March 20, 2024

REVIEW: ICY Fortune Days Book of Beasts BJDs


The ICY Fortune Days company that I've bought a few dolls from on Amazon have a new series of small BJDs called The Book of Beasts. 

These cost around $26 each, though they frequently have coupons. 

Here's the box. 





The six different characters. I bought all of them except the pink bunny. 



Character cards. 



I'll begin with my favorite. This is the dragon. 

I ordered her and the phoenix first, saw that I liked them, and then ordered the rest. 

These come in many pieces and are easy to put together if a piece happens to be off inside the box. The dragon's little horns are like that. You've just got to be careful that they stay on if you move her. Only one of mine is loose, but it's been stable since I stuck it back on. 

The head is in four parts. The hair has a front piece and a back piece. The face plate is separate, and then there's a little piece with the eyes stuck to it. The eyes are capable of coming loose, but they're easy to put back in place.  



The clothes, including panties, come in a separate pouch, but they're easy to put on. All sleeves go over the hands easily. 



The tail is also separate, but again, easy to attach. It's rubbery, so it doesn't feel breakable at all. 



I adore her. The feet and hands are particularly lovely. 



The phoenix has the same hands and feet. 



I love her colors and details. 




The wings attach to the back like the tails on the other dolls. 



She's also beautiful. 



So glad I tried these out!



The deer was my logical next choice. I love, love, love her hooves. She has a little tail in the back that her hair blocks, but it's very cute. 



Again, gorgeous details. 




I like the cat because I'm a slight sucker for brown cats. 

She's the least stable standing-wise. 





Love the colors! She's so cute. 



And finally, the wolf. I almost didn't but her, but I'm so glad I did. She's actually my third fave after dragon and phoenix. 

That's a little tee and then the fur pieces are separate sleeves, not a full jacket. 



The thing I like least is her overly long thick tail, but it also comes in handy for standing her up. 


So yeah, these are darling. If the bunny was any color other than pink, I'd buy her. Why not white? Sigh. I shouldn't complain though. They're already using green, orange, gray and brown, colors seen very infrequently in the many other doll lines I collect. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment