Thursday, March 7, 2024

REVIEW: Decora Fashion Girlz LUNA

FINALLY. I've been waiting for these to come out. Still waiting for the little blind-packed ones. 

I wasn't thrilled that these released on FAO first for $30, as opposed to Walmart's $21.97. Shipping from FAO is high and they have no installment plan options. Free shipping starts at $100, so I would have needed a $10 item I didn't want or to get the fourth Decora, who I also didn't want. (I only want Celestia and Decora.) I almost didn't get any, because I couldn't justify spending double the price of what she'd be on Walmart.com, but I caved because I really wanted Luna. 

The line releases on Walmart.com on March 15th for lower prices with free shipping at a much lower minimum, and they have payment options. I'll be ordering a bunch of the little ones, plus big Decora and Celestia then. 



Back of the box. 


Deboxing was okay. Not super easy, because the back of the box peeled off in chunks as opposed to undoing itself more easily. 


But no plastic tabs poked through the back of Luna's head! Always a plus.



The stand and brush are in the bottom of the box. 


Gah, she's so cute. I'm still mad she cost twice the price, but I have no regrets. I can be mad and still not regret my choice. 



She has really pretty makeup that is completely hidden by her bangs. 

Her hair is dark brown, not black, which is refreshing for the "goth" character. 




The stand takes some adjustments. She's the most top heavy doll I've ever owned, so you need to position the feet just right to keep her on the stand. I think the clip should be a little tighter. That would help. 

I'm also a little surprised such a bright line has such boring stands. 




Hair's a little sloppy at the back, but I'm not going to be looking at the back of her head often. 




Assorted stickers. I love the winged skulls. 

Not honestly a fan of the non-puffy ones that are meant to go on her face. 



All the barrettes and a very shallow brush. 





Did I mention that she's HUGE?

Look at the size of that head! My 24" BJDs have smaller heads than this. 



The barrettes remind me of Shibajuku Girls.




That's the only sticker I used. 

I'm definitely not the person that's going to be using those stickers often. Some of the ones seem cute, but I'm not a fan of the bandaids. Why didn't they do single little skulls that could fit on one cheek or something?



The skull one was a bit of a pain to get in her bangs. I think it's stable now. 




She's got a cute dress underneath her black tee. Her skirt is definitely a bit transparent! I didn't undress her further, because I don't think those shoes go on easily over those socks and I didn't want to risk it. 


Overall, I think she's adorable and I love her. It's slightly killing me not to order Celestia and Decora right away, and I can feel myself caving on Sweetie already, but I just can't throw money away by overpaying for every one of these. (Not when I'm currently into rebuying old Pullips that I used to own and want to own again.)

The hair is nice from what I can tell. It's not easy to judge braids. The body is simple with click knees. She can't sit worth a damn but with that head, it's not surprising. Expect these to have to stay on stands or propped up very well. I'm already wondering if my planned display space for this line is going to work. Kinda thinking it won't. It's not going to take too many ginormous-headed dolls to fill up a shelf!

Now to wait impatiently until the 15th.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment