Wednesday, February 28, 2024

BEARRIVAL


I'm behind on Bearrivals. I didn't end up getting anyone in January, but I've had a few this month. 


It took me three times to get just the right Mardi Gras. I wasn't satisified with the face on the one I got from CB Direct, so I ordered two from QVC, and finally ended up with this little cutie. 


Mardi Gras is a little 13" bear. Very lovely colors with the deep blue and bright pink. He's supposed to pair with an older bear named Firework. 



Here's my Firework. I've had him for years. 


Mardi Gras is a lot brighter pink, but you can still see the resemblance. 




Then we've got Hugh Mongous, the first of the two Bearhouse dinos to come out. 


He's supposed to be a T-Rex, but not with those hands. Sigh. 





He's super soft. This might be the same fur Grumbleweed used. I think it's tyber. 


Adorable. I love him. 



Treacle Toffee is my current obsession. 

I really wanted this bear and ended up importing her from Australia. 

This one is unlike the other Treacles I've seen, who, dare I say, tend to run cuter. My girl here is not cutesy. She's more elegant and mature-looking. I almost went for one of the cute ones, as that's what I'd had in mind, but she demanded I adopt her. 




And she was right to do so. She's perfection. 

She's weighty, but still cuddly. I'm not always into the long-haired ones for cuddling, but her fur is the silkiest long pile fur I've come across yet. She's definitely one of my faves from the 2023 collection. 


And my most recent guy is Terence. 

He's got unusual curly fur paired with maybe-tyber on his limbs and ears. It's soft, but I'm not 100% that it's tyber. I'm pretty sure it's the same fur Stef uses. Almost like Stuart's but a little more brown on the tipping. 

Terence is a pretty good cuddler. I mean, look at those eyes and those big round ears. He's just asking to be picked up! 


That's it for now. Hopefully, I'll have a lot more soon. My stockist had a family emergency and is still catching up, so I have I think four pending adoptions with two more on their way to her now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment