Thursday, January 25, 2024

REVIEW: Rainbow High Basic Swim Violet




I have never disliked the RH basics. I recently got Georgia and she's stunning. So when I saw how pretty the new swim line was, I had to have Sunny and Violet. 

Sunny got here first, though she had an enormous lip rub, so I sent for a replacement that should be here tomorrow. 

Violet got here today and thankfully is good quality. 



Bag and sunglasses. 




Wrap/towel. 

Not a fabric I'd use for a towel, but it was shown that way in the promo pics. 


Cute shoes. 






Violet has some gel, so she's destined for salon, but she brushed out nicely enough for me to do the review with the gel still in. 





She's gorgeous. I sold my original Violet ages ago and never got another version of her, so it's nice to have her again, even though she'll never be a favorite character. 
 






Not horrible but nope. 















The wrap could have been a little bit bigger. It wasn't the easiest to tie behind her neck. But I like the material and I think it looks pretty. 




I think she's gorgeous and worth the $14.99. Unlike the Series 3 basics from Family Dollar, $14.99 is a fair price for an inset eye basic doll with a complete outfit and accessories. I'm glad to have Sunny coming. Hopefully this one's lips (and eyes) are fine! 

I hope they continue the basic lines, though I would love it if they used them to showcase non-mainbow characters we won't ever see again otherwise. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I noticed that in the initial Pic, this doll has elbow joints, but in the following pics, it doesn't. Is that an error from the manufacturer, or was the doll swapped out at some point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the plastic bands used to hold her arms down. She doesn't have elbow joints.

      Delete