Friday, January 26, 2024

TOP BEARRIVALS OF 2023


My sleep schedule is all screwy, so here I am awake after a failed attempt at sleep that turned into a mini nap instead. I thought I'd do a fun list of my favorite bears of the year. I tried for a Top 10, but blew past that pretty quickly. So no numbers involved. Only favorite cuddles. 

This list isn't in order of faves. It's chronological, as I'm using my bear blog as a reference. 

So first up is Newton. He was a 2022 bear, but I received him in January 2023. Not one from my preorder list, but I kept seeing him in my stockists sales albums and ended up bringing this guy home. He turned into a chunky cuddly favorite. 




I'm so happy I got this version of Mr. Twist with more red on his face. The random fabric bears are always so different.


He's a cuddly guy, too. 



Edgar the woolly mammoth was a huge fan favorite from the 2022 collection. He's adorable. Maybe not the most cuddly guy I own, but he makes up for it in uniqueness and cuteness. 




I've gotten a lot of the older bears on my want list, so I bought very few this past year. It took me a few years to finally get a Marzipan (he was from 2013) and he was worth the wait. That face! He's super soft, too. 




I do not cuddle Hayley enough and I need to work on that. It's harder to cuddle the big bears when I have two dogs that vie for my attention. I've bought big ones before, but they don't tend to stick around. I really love my Hayley though, so I'm glad I gave her a QVC-style audition. (I buy bears I'm unsure of from QVC, because they have the easiest return option.)



I LOVE HOUSTON. This enormous shoebill stork is one of the Bearhouse collection that permanently lives on my bed. He is glorious. 





Adorable baby mammoth Tusk just had to be included. 



 

My gorgeous and different Higgledys. I love them both. (Okay, the red-faced one a little bit more, but still, love them both.)




Carnival was one of my not-quite-preorders. These are bears that I like, but maybe I want to see owner pics or I'm not sure I can afford so many in one quarter. I fell in love with this one and was shocked when he was still remaining after the people who had preordered had chosen. So I snatched him right up. I think he's my sleeper fave from 2023, like Newton was for 2022. I love him more than several I actually preordered. 



The beautiful Yannie was a must have from the 2023 Secret Collection. Dana was my most wanted, but she ended up not looking much like her promo pics, so Yannie became my fave. Glorious, super soft tyber and lovely colors. And those big round ears!





Ugh, Night Owl is so sweet. I love him. 




OMG, Kevin. Yes, sometimes I hear his name in my head like the Home Alone Mom shouts it. Kevin didn't even make it to my maybe list, so I was surprised when I saw the ones my Australian stockist got in and decided I needed him. I added him to my preorders after that. Then when my stockist got hers in, I ended up choosing this guy over a more traditionally cute one. Kevin looks like a disgruntled professor or a mogwai or something. I know I just said Carnival was my 2023 sleeper, but I'm changing that. It's Kevin. 



Ah, orange. My favorite color that isn't black. Yeah, yeah, Halloween colors, so predictable. I don't care. There are barely any orange bears, so Harvest Moon was an instant fave from the 2023 collection. Well worth waiting most of the year for. She's stunning. Even though she's apparently grumpy about it. 




Oh, my baby! I adore Bonfire Toffee. If I had to pick a single favorite from 2023, it's him. He arrived just in time to go on vacation with me this year. Super cuddly. Great colors. Sweetest face. 




Tardy the sloth was very appropriately extremely tardy, considering we didn't get him until December and he was supposed to be out in spring. He was worth waiting for. December really had the best arrivals. 



We'll end with the beautiful Smog. I love these colors!


Annnnnnd I'm still not sleepy. Alas. 



PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment