Wednesday, January 24, 2024

REVIEW: Monster High Venus McFlytrap



I've had Venus for a little bit now. I ordered her from Target. But I've had a lot going on at work, so when I've been off, I haven't had the motivation to do doll stuff. 

I opened her a week or so ago and finally settled in to take pics and catch up on my deboxing of other items earlier today. 




Back of the box. 


Things you will never see again. 

I'm not a fan of the plastic hair bit. Her hair is awesome without it. 

And Chewlian is the worst pet redesign ever. Who in the hell greenlit this? There was nothing wrong with him being a plant. He didn't have to be some stupid plant cat thing that looks like it's wearing a costume. Banished to the storage box he is. 




Other accessories. Not a fan of the backpack style. I like how everything fits into it, but it's so bulky that it just gets in the way during display. 




Not the worst sunglasses, but I'm not covering up that face. 




She's gorgeous. A lot of people have said she's the best G3 version yet and I have to agree. I may like Abbey more, but I can objectively say this is a huge upgrade to Venus. G1 Abbey was awesome and G3 is equally awesome, maybe a teeny bit moreso due to the height, horns and curves, but G3 Venus is superior in almost every way. I do miss the hand vines though. That's the only thing. 



Her face is so beautiful! 






I loooooooooooove the hair! It's perfection. 






Little better shot of her ear. 


I've heard people complain about these boots, but I adore them. 






I think I would have put a little more detail on her shorts. Maybe a patch or two? But otherwise I like her outfit. 

Excellent addition to the G3 lineup. Very happy to have her and I'm looking forward to this year's newbies. Spectra is long overdue her doll and I'd love to see Skelita and some more boys before the end of the year. 

I do have my Fang Vote Rochelle and I think she's stunning. (Half the MH fandom exists only to complain about everything, I swear.) But I'm not bothering to review her, because I don't want to undress her and someone on IG already did, so people can see the pics there. She's happily standing by Vampire Heart Laura. 

Tomorrow, I'll be tackling the Madison twins set and ILY Cruella. Everyone's hair is drying right now. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment