Thursday, January 25, 2024

REVIEW: Jakks Pacific Disney ILY Cruella




Cruella finally came in stock on Amazon! 




I'm really happy Jakks is continuing their painted eyes series of ILY dolls. The body is far superior to the inset eye version, and they're better with diversity, too. 

The upcoming Rapunzel and Minnie dolls both look great. (Not clothes-wise so much, but definitely doll-wise.)




Tops. 



The furry one has non-furry material at the back. 




Coat. 





Bottoms. 





Shoes. 






Purses.





Sunglasses, necklace and ring. 




Fresh out of the box, she doesn't have gel, but she does certainly have some box hair! 


Let's fix that. 


Side note: I love the gray panties. You hardly ever see gray. 



There, the hair is much better. Now for some outfit swapping. 


Not really into the white boots with the pants, but we know the fuzzy top looks good with the pants and coat combo. 







All black and white. This is pretty cute. 




I love the little sleeve detail. 







Not into the furry top with this skirt. Nope. 


I should have put the necklace with the furry top. I try not to pair necklaces with tops that have neck ties like this. 




I love the coat, but it definitely works best with the pants and red top.




Now there's the outfit!
My only complaint about this doll is that she doesn't look like the original promo. That very well could have been lighting, but her hair looked more of a light brown before and she wasn't as tan. 

I was disappointed to see that now she's basically the Target exclusive doll with slightly lighter hair and blonde streaks. This is one reason the Jakks line is better than the Shop Disney line. The Jakks dolls are more unique, while the Disney ones look like previous dolls. So I'm hoping this is a one-off thing and Jakks doesn't start being repetitive with their painted eye dolls. 



That said, she's still a gorgeous doll with great clothes and I'm happy to have her. I have a pair of Ursula twins, so these ladies can be sisters just as easily. I'm excited for the next two to come out, and eventually, I need to get three of the new Disney versions, too. (Why aren't the three I want on Target.com? Argh.) Keep them coming, Jakks. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment