Saturday, April 1, 2023

REVIEW: Monster High Skulltimate Secrets Series 1 Lagoona


We finally got Skulltimate Secrets! It's about time. I honestly had lost interest in this line because it took so long to come out, but then I've been watching the show and falling for the characters again, so I ended up with everyone except Draculaura. (I'll probably buy the Series 2 one of her.)

Lagoona was the last I ordered but the first to ship. 

These run $29.99 each. 

I do not like the doll being hidden. Ugh. We need to be able to check for flaws, Mattel!




Deboxing was super simple. Just remove the plastic sleeve that doesn't even fully enclose the coffin box. 



The inside of Lagoona's locker door. Why do they even have lockers if they live in the school? Eh. It's cute. It doesn't have to make sense. 

There's a photo of her with a scaly boy's arm over her shoulders. I think there's been speculation Gil is coming. Please be better than G1's crappy storyline for those two. 



Anyway, there she is. The doll is strapped to a cardboard liner. There is also the first key near her feet that you need to make sure to pull out. 



Deboxed. I adore her hair and makeup. 




Cute shoes. I'm not 100% in love with the color shift though. I think I would have liked them better in all the dark pink. 




The keys are painted black for a color change gimmick. You rinse it off under water like the Barbie Color Reveal line. 

The first key was dark blue, so it unlocks the dark blue door. 

You can also unlock and lock the doors with your finger, but the keys are a fun concept. 



Each locker packet is in this wrapper, so I only took one wrapped pic. 



Dark blue key leads to the sneakers and the Skullette keyring. 

And the second key. 



Aqua second key has the hat, earrings and necklace, as well as the third key. 



Light pink third key leads to the jacket, tee and skirt, plus the final dark pink key that is not color change. 




Dark pink key gives Lagoona some snacks. 

I did not take photos of her with these. 



The full keyring. 



She actually looks pretty cute in the hat. I was not leaning toward this outfit, but I really like the tee, and I like the sneakers more than I expected to. 



I also like the jacket a lot more than I thought. This whole look is cute. 




Tee with the pink skirt and first shoes. 

I got tired of changing her hands, so I ever so cleverly did this pose. 



Both matching pieces. 

This is cute, but I ended up with this final look...

I really wanted the jacket on. Though I may change it eventually. With all the new Lagoonas coming, I think a lot of mixing and matching will happen. 

Skulltimate was a lot of fun. The gimmicks aren't for me, but I still enjoyed revealing the key colors and seeing what each one would unlock. I could have played around a lot more with her different outfit combos and gotten Sig Lagoona in the mix, but it's my busy work weekend, so this was enough for me. 

I'm looking forward to the others shipping! Not only are the dolls fun, but I plan to use the coffins to hold all my MH accessories, so there's going to be a lot of organizing going on once they all get here. I'm half tempted to get Laura just for her coffin, but I'm going to end up with Series 2 Laura so I must resist. Though maybe if this one goes on sale... But I already have four G3 Lauras! Argh. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. She looks so cute. And I actually really dig the 'One key at a time' way of revealing things. One of the reasons LOL OMG sticks with me so much is that you're kinda forced to take it slow and appreciate the clothes (Though later lines are dropping it) and this feels like something similar. I know that's not for everyone but I do appreciate something like that.

    ReplyDelete