Sunday, April 23, 2023

REVIEW: Just Play's The Little Mermaid Mini Plush

Today was the first big Little Mermaid live action merchandise blitz. Both Amazon and Target have several products up. I'm honestly not a big fan of Ariel, except the version in the old chapter books which happened before the movie. However, I have been collecting merchandise of the daughters of Triton for years. I really loved those chapter books and the pin-up style Ariel & Her Sisters line from many years ago at the Disney Store. 

So with the new movie, I'm mostly after the stuff with the diverse array of new sisters. I ordered the figure set from Target, and I'm watching for the 7-doll pack and the mini toddler dolls of Mala, Caspia and Tamika. What I wasn't expecting was a set of blind-packed mini plush. These are done by Just Play and cost $5.99 each at Target. What I'm not thrilled about are the restrictions. I could only do a pick-up order for 2 of them. It said 8 were in stock, but after my order, only 2 were left. I tried to order them, too, but it wouldn't let me. 


I'm unsure if there are codes. There's a letter/number combo on the left above the barcode, and there's a 5-digit number on the right. It could be either one of these. Or it could be neither and there are no codes. 

Why can't I tell? Well, because both of mine had the same numbers. 

I made a joke before I picked them up that I'd get 2 Ariels. There are 8 per case, so obviously, she's the one that's doubled up.

Welcome to my blind-pack luck, y'all. I could only get two. I like Ariel least. So I got both Ariels that would have been in the case. 

I'm grateful to have gotten any at all, but I really wish I'd gotten at least one sister. But extra Ariel will be going off to a good home and I'll be reading my Little Mermaid books with my own Ariel. 

I placed an order for two more and was very annoyed that again, there was a max of two AND you have to spend $35 to get them shipped. I hope they show in stores soon. And hopefully these next two will be new ones so I can see if those numbers really are codes. 

If you've found these ladies, please let me know about the codes! I'd love to get that info for everyone.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment