Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Dolly Insider's "Friday Dolly Questions"

I'm bored waiting for the post office to arrive with a package I need to sign for, and I've always meant to do these, so why not?


#1: Which doll do you wish you ordered when it was released?

If we go way, way back, I'd say the Angel Region Glory Angel BJDs, but I think they came out right before I was getting into BJDs in the early 2000s, so I'm not sure I even knew about them when they were released. 

This isn't a thing with playline, so I've got to think about my Asian doll preferences. I guess the original Azone SugarCups Chocolala. I had no idea those would sell out like they did. 


#2: Were any of your dolls given to you as a gift?

Of course! My mom buys me dolls that I pick out for my birthday or Christmas. RRFF Elinda was for my birthday one year and last year, she got me the Antu Nature Wonderland BJD case. Friends will also send me dolls on occasion. 


#3: Have you ever won a lottery doll? If so, which doll?

I've never done one. I'm thinking this is a BJD or really expensive Asian doll thing. 


#4: Have you travelled with your doll?


Yes! 

Musa and Serpent went with me to Egypt in 2004/2005, along with a couple ponies and a Build-a-Bear I'd created to be my companion plushie. 


They definitely get the big trip award, but some dolls go with me to Florida every year. Last year, it was G3 Cleo and Twyla and Astra Girls Valmora.





#5: Straight hair or wavy? Which do you prefer on a doll?

ALL types of hair! Being that Dolly Insider is definitely an Asian-brand-themed site, they don't really see a lot of hair diversity and it shows in this question. I want diversity in my dolls in all ways, and that includes hair. 


#6: Do you own any custom dolls?


Custom dolls have never really been my thing due to their prices.


I do have Kyrie, my custom My Scene that I bought on ebay forever ago. I adore her. 





And I have this custom Stormy, also bought on ebay ages ago. 





And Butterfly is a Juku Couture reroot. 



I think that's it? I'm horrible at remembering this stuff. 





#7: Which doll has been in your collection the longest?

Well, I still have a lot of my Strawberry Shortcake, Rose Petal, Barbies, etc. from childhood. I'm not sure who would have been the very first.


#8: Do you make dioramas for your doll?

No, I don't have the space. The luckiest ones get to go on this custom bed I bought many years ago. Right now, the G3 MHs are there with Cleo's vanity set up beside it. 


#9: What's the longest you've waited for a doll preorder?

I don't remember anymore. This is very much a higher end question, hence why the MH people were flipping out over Rochelle's near-year wait time recently. It's something completely alien to them. I'm sure I had decent wait times for my BJDs but that was like 20 years ago now. 


#10: Have you ever had to repair your doll?

I've had to restring my oldest BJDs, which I hate doing. I've had to glue wrists onto that horrible weak Pullip body. Type 3, I think it was? I had to rebuild a shattered Hestia that got shipped to me with zero packing material and she broke in transit. I do the usual makeup and hair touchups on playline. My poor Vera Tabray has a weak hip that I've repaired a couple times. I'm sure there are a bunch more things I've done. 


#11: How do you display your dolls?

On bookcases mostly. I have some on my dresser and my larger dolls are on these awesome closet shelves built up into the high ceiling by the apartment complex. I have a lot of fairy dolls and I like to hang them on the walls so they're "flying." My mermaid-themed bathroom has some mermaid dolls "swimming" up higher on the walls, too. 


#12: Have you bought a character doll without being familiar with the series?

Yup. I recently got a doll with help from a UK friend. She's Princess Betty Bye Bell from the Pocket Dragons series that I've never watched. I have a small doll of Hazel from Little Charmers because she's cute. I'm sure there are others.


#13: Bangs or no bangs?

Both. 


#14: Have you sold a doll that you regret selling? If so, which doll?

My Flexi-Pose Agnes Dreary. I've been trying to get her back for years. American Girl Nellie. A few Tonners like Euphemia. Likely more, but I'm hungry, so my brain is wandering off. 


#15: Who's the latest doll you welcomed home?

Cleo from my review yesterday. 


All caught up! This was fun. I love answering doll questions. And now, I need food.

No comments:

Post a Comment