Friday, November 29, 2019

MONTH IN REVIEW: November 2019

Man, I can't believe 2019 is almost over. What a crazy year.

I'm not planning on any new arrivals over the next 2 days, so let's get into this November review.

Anke was my first bear of the month, but definitely not the last!

I love her pretty honey-colored fur and how it looks with the white. I have two similar bears on layaway. Dan is blue and white and Jill is pink and white. I'm hoping to get both home before the end of the year, but it might be January.


The little darling on the left is one of my early Christmas gifts from Mom. I named him Khons after the Egyptian moon god. I saw him on Facebook, fell in love and was lucky enough to catch him in stock. (Especially because someone else was after him, too!)

The same artist made Axy, who I bought way back in January 2016.




I'm so thrilled I got this girl! Snapdragon is a very limited mohair piece that was only offered to Best Friends Club members. I'm still paying her off, but I think there's only one remaining payment. I'm so thankful for Afterpay, because it's the only way I could afford Sparks and now Snapdragon, too.

She is absolutely incredible though. The detailing on her is just gorgeous.




Leonie was an unplanned buy from an awesome stockist that I've gotten several great deals from. She's one I only recently started liking and then she just happened to turn up from my American friend, so I grabbed her right up.

She's on the wobblier side of wobble jointed, but she's still awesome. Soft and cuddly!



There is a lovely local artist couple, Fourth Branch Studios, that create the most darling little porcelain creatures. I bought the little guy on the right last year during the holiday fair at the ag center, and this year, Mom and I both adopted some newbies. Mom got the big goblin at the back! She just loves him. And I got the little dragon and blep yeti.




I picked up Nopetopus at the same holiday fair. I saw those eyes and knew he needed to come home with me. And I'm glad I found him, because his creator went on and on about how she didn't like him and couldn't believe someone was buying him and she'd never make another one and blah blah blah. Er, maybe not the best sales technique, lady?

I will buy all your judgy plushies. I swear I will.






I took advantage of Killstar's really early Black Friday promotion to grab a coat I'd had my eye on, a ring, and Gate Keeper.

His name is Zuul, because of course it is.







I've been wanting to reread my Little House series books and who better to read them with than Charlotte, Laura's beloved ragdoll?



We'll end with my bear shipment that arrived yesterday.

Tiny 8.5" Caramel is a super exclusive little guy that I think might be sold out worldwide.

He's so petite and adorable!

And he's the first bear in my collection to be my birthday twin. All of them from I forget which year forward have tags that say what day they were made and Caramel is the first to share my birthday.








Beautiful, lush purple Errol is just fantastic. I can't wait to choose his green brother, Flynn!








Grumbleweed is a fabulous plush dragon that is almost every bit as detailed as mohair Snapdragon.

He's SO soft, too! I can't believe how soft his fur is. And he's a cuddler like Snapdragon, too. They're not super heavily stuffed, so they're squishy.




Grumbleweed, little Seraphina and Snapdragon presiding over the mythical beasts shelf. Sparks is peeking over their heads and Oona the unicorn is seated behind Grumbleweed. She's more visible as you walk into my bedroom, because you can see the side of the shelf that way.





Last but not least is this enormous guy. At 21.5", Bryce is my second largest Charlie Bear! I have a handful that are 21", but only Bertha is bigger than Bryce at 25".

Bryce was one I fell for after seeing owner pics. There's just something about him. I think it's the eyes.







He and Jason share a shelf and both of them give me the eyes. They're trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment