Friday, November 1, 2019

BOXED IN REVIEW: Disney Designer Midnight Masquerade Megara

My second and last of the Midnight Masquerade dolls came on Wednesday!

I intended to review her earlier today, but I had a bit of a fall this morning and made myself relax all day, because I've got a busy work weekend coming up.

But being me, I couldn't sleep when I tried to go to bed early, so I  got back up, got Megara down from the shelf and took her photos.

Megara was the fourth release in the Midnight Masquerade series. She was available on October 26th.








These shiny boxes are seriously a pain to photograph!

But I aimed for getting a somewhat visible pic of the art, so I'm pleased with the result. Good enough anyway.






Numbered certificate.





And here she is. It has been far too long since we got a Megara. I wish they'd add her to playline. Why not make another use of this sculpt? Come on, Disney.

That overly-gelled hair is one of the main reasons I'm keeping these boxed. Gelled hair is like a dust magnet. So keeping these pristine is more important than deboxing. And the packaging is gorgeous, so they look great either way.






Just the right amount of sass.



The eyebrows.

That nose.

That smirk.

Maybe a smidge more jewelry would have been nice though.






Note to self: Fix that eyelash.

Her nose is the cutest little thing ever.







The dress is lovely, too.


I wanted a little more from the shoes. If we have to do heels, sandals would have been preferable. But considering the dress is already lightyears away from accuracy, why not full-on modern shoes?

I love this doll. I'm so glad they made her, even if she and Esmeralda were killer on my budget in this time of many bear releases.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see a review of her form you! Congrats on getting her! :)

    ReplyDelete