Tuesday, November 12, 2019

REVIEW: DC Superhero Girls Zatanna

AT.

LAST.

When I saw the designs for these dolls, I knew Zatanna would be one of my faves.

So what do they do?

Leave her til the very last one to release.

She was supposed to come out on the 18th, but squeaked out a little early.





I think she's a fun character. I have a feeling she might be my favorite. I've only watched the first episode of the show plus some of the shorts, but I just had this feeling I'd like her best and be annoyed if I watched the whole thing without having her doll. So I waited and now she's here and I can get back to watching. When I'm done with She-Ra.

There's also the bonus of her reminding me of some human form blend of Twilight Sparkle and Rarity.






Zee is not a small girl and I love that.

My one complaint about the doll is that her cape hangs really limply. It should have been fuller or made of a stiffer material to billow nicely.

She has the only heels of all the characters. The others all have flat boots or wedge heels. Yet Zee can still stand on her own, just like they can!








Not the prettiest face. That's Diana, then Katana. Not the cutest face. That's Babs. But I might like her face the best anyway. I just really like her, okay? 





It took way too long to undress these eight dolls, but I did it for you guys, since I'm sure there's someone out there with body questions.

So there you have it. The entire DCSG line in their body diversity best.




Batgirl and Wonder Woman have the only unique bodies. Everyone else shares with another character.

Babs has the slim torso, slim arms and slim but also short legs. She's the only one with these legs.

Then Bumblebee and Catwoman share the same slim arms, wide-hipped torso and thicker legs.






Zatanna and Supergirl have the same thick legs as Bumblebee and Catwoman, but their torsos and arms are different. They have the muscular arms and muscular torso.

I honestly never thought Zee would be built like Kara!

Kara has the odd distinction of being the only fully nude doll. Which is odd, because Diana has painted undies and Kara should, too, but she doesn't.



The tall girls are next.

Green Lantern and Katana share a body. Slim arms, slim torso and slim TALL legs. Different than Batgirl's shorter ones.

Then Diana on the end there has the muscular arms and muscular torso paired with muscular tall legs that only she has.

I never expected to love these girls, but I do. I still think this reboot was unnecessary and I'm still mad we never got dolls of some of my favorite characters from the original series, but I do love these.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. oh i love these dolls!! i wish i had zatanna at least, she looks so cute!!

    ReplyDelete