Friday, November 1, 2019

MONTH IN REVIEW: October 2019

I'm actually on time with one of these things. Weird.

It's what happens when I can't sleep.

I took this Lilydoll photo in early October, but Danzy had actually arrived before then. I'm still counting it as October though, because I can't remember the exact arrival and obviously the posts for those months are already done.

Danzy is my favorite Lilydoll by far and I have had to cobble together her bits and pieces over the course of FOUR YEARS. First, I got the nude doll. Then the seller found her dress, so I had those in 2015. I didn't get her jacket until probably 2017 or 2018. All I know for sure is that I have a pic from November 2016 and it's not there. Finally, a bit ago, I got her shoes. She is still missing her barrette, but dangit, this is close enough. I also got a second Danzy in the same lot (she's the one in the pocket of this thing) along with a teal ballgown fashion that looks amazing on her.






Bast and Anubis were added to the Killstar Kreeptures line and obviously, these were must haves.




My love of Yoohoo & Friends was rekindled and then put on hold. I got Slo the sloth after this photo was taken, and plan to get more, but probably not for a while.





Got some new Hairdorables. Noah is the new one here and I just got Bella today from this Dance set, but haven't photographed her.





DeeDee, Bella and Willow are the newest ones here. Kat is on her way and she completes the set.



I became obsessed with winning the auction this blonde doll was in. I just totally fell for her. I'm still surprised at the price it climbed to, because I've got most of the other dolls listed on ebay right now and there is like zero interest. So maybe it was one of these that raised the price? Wish I could message the other bidder. The lot was these four, plus 3 female video game characters and one pretty cool male doll from some dating sim thingy.




This is how I've got them redressed for now. Both of these are the character Kisara from Takara Jenny/Licca/Castle/whatever.

I'm satisfied with the brunette's outfit, but I will get something else for the blonde someday. She's so gorgeous. It was worth the cost!






Surprised I went this long without a bear photo? Yeah, me, too.

This green darling is Bamse.








Then we've got Clock, the silver lion, who pairs with Dandy, the white lion who was released earlier this year.




Clock is quite a bit smaller, so he perches on Dandy's lap. Or rather, kind of on one of his legs.






Little squishy lavender Fairycake.






Patty is a Highland cow.







Sarge is ant is from the Fables collection. He's the ant from The Ant and the Grasshopper.








Roman is finally here! This guy was my most wanted bear from the 2019 catalog. He's just adorable. He doesn't photograph super well, but in person, he's fabulous.







I got this Jellycat unicorn doll at TJ Maxx for $4. And then Wednesday was on sale at Walgreens for $10 and change. I yanked her sound box out, so she's squishy and huggable now.

I do have several other new arrivals from this month, but I have two more from the same older line coming, so I'm going to wait for them to arrive and then do a separate post just for this line. I have no idea how I went this long without knowing it existed!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I just wanted to say how fabulous (and helpful) your lilydoll posts have been. I'm trying to complete some outfits and its really hard to find what's missing - also how many outfits were ever made and what they are! I too am missing Danzy's shoes, so am delighted for you (and very envious that you've found a pair). I'm wondering if you know what pyjamas or nightwear went with the purple dressing gown and purple slippers with white circles on the front? I have doubles of some outfits, so if you have doubles of any (and are missing anything that I have) I'm wondering if you would like to do some swapping? With kind regards and Happy New Year. Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I'm so glad I could help! Feel free to send me any outfit pics if you have questions. My email is eilonwe@gmail.com.

      I think this might be the right outfit that you're asking about:
      https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/lilydoll-outfit-manhattan-toys-466555880

      I'm not sure if I have any spare pieces anymore, but if you're looking for anything, you can send me your wishlist, too. I had all my extras in the big Lilydoll carrying case and that ended up getting ruined by the hurricane, so I think I only kept a couple outfits.

      Delete