Saturday, November 9, 2019

REVIEW: Glitter Girls Bobbi

The mystery of the Glitter Girls continues!

I'm so thrilled to have this doll. In my last review, I shared what, in my opinion, are the four series of Glitter Girls. Bobbi here is from what I consider the third series.

The problem with the third series is that we know next to nothing about it. Only two dolls (Bobbi and Sashka) have been found, both at Meijer, which is a store with very limited locations.

I'm going to look at Bobbi first, then speculate about Series 3. You can tell she's from an earlier series than the newest releases, because her box is like the first two series.








Back of the box. I fell in love with this girl when I saw her promos on the official Glitter Girls site.





She is GORGEOUS.

I think she's the prettiest one by far. She's bumped Kani out of my favorite spot.

I love the pale skin with the auburn hair and the color combo of this outfit is just delightful.







Her eyes are a blend of brown and a darker hazel.

Bobbi would have been one of the first dolls after Kani to have the palest skintone.





Cute shoes!

I'm such a sucker for this shade of orange.


So I know that was quick, but I wanted to get to this pic from the back of her box.

These are the six dolls I'm now considering Series 3. Only...we don't know the names of three of them!

The darker blonde on the left is Sashka. The pale blonde is Chrissy. And Bobbi, of course, is on the bottom right. But who are the others? I don't know, but they look familiar...because they've been in promo pics.

Chrissy actually confused me, because there's a girl in Series 4 who really looks like her. But looking at them both, Chrissy has very pale aqua eyes, while the Series 4 girl has kind of periwinkle blue eyes. So this is Chrissy here and the other blonde is someone new.




Here's the car promo. Sashka is the passenger, but the other two are both new girls from this group shot.

Amazon calls these two Candice and Keltie, but that's definitely not Candice, because Candice's eyes are blue. The other girl is also not Keltie, because she's now in this new group shot from Bobbi's box.




And then we've got this girl, who Amazon called Bobbi. Obviously, this isn't Bobbi, but she does bear a resemblance to the third unknown girl from the back of the box. The hair is slightly different, but that's it. The one on the box does have freckles. My pic isn't great.

I'm so curious what happened to this line! And so grateful to have Bobbi, because who knows if I'd ever find her anywhere else!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine and the promos are from Amazon.

3 comments:

  1. Did you ever find a name for the brown eyed Glitter Girl shown just above in the blue hat horse riding outfit? I contacted Battat/GG and their personnel don't seem to know either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She's Ariadne! You can see her name here:
      https://www.amazon.com/Glitter-Girls-Battat-Accessory-Accessories/dp/B07P98BGDC/

      Unfortunately, she and a lot of the others don't seem to have ever been made.

      Delete
    2. Yes! She's Ariadne! You can see her name here:
      https://www.amazon.com/Glitter-Girls-Battat-Accessory-Accessories/dp/B07P98BGDC/

      Unfortunately, she and a lot of the others don't seem to have ever been made.

      Delete